The Lining of a Jumbo Chanel Single Flap

aynrand

O.G.
Sep 18, 2007
Does anyone own a 2010 Jumbo Single Flap, perhaps purchased from a NM? I have just purchased one and the lining lifts from the interior of the bag. This is not possible on any of my other bags.

I'm curious if anyone else has one of these bags and can weigh in on whether you're able to pull up the interior lining of your bag? If so, when did Chanel start making bags where the lining could be lifted in this way?

Picture? I have a 2010 single flap jumbo, but not bought in USA.
Well, I took the bag in question to the Chanel boutique yesterday and the lining can in fact be pulled out, but its not supposed to be and according to Chanel, the fix requires taking the entire bag apart. Since this bag is in such good condition otherwise, I opted to leave it alone and repair it down the road when the bag needs a spa. I was also able to confirm with another Maxi owner that her lining could also be lifted. Mystery solved! To the two posters who responded, THANK YOU!

As an aside, I used two services, both highly recommended by this forum, to authenticate the bag. While one service confirmed it to be authentic, the other (quite emphatically) did not. Taking the bag to Chanel confirmed authenticity (by a 10 year veteran). I guess these services can make mistakes. I'm just glad I didn't return the bag.