The Leftovers

I hated it. Too many dogs killed for my liking. Hubby was intrigued but I got bored and mad that they were killing animals. Yes, I know it's just a show but it still bothered me.

Last edited:
May help to know what channel and what it's about.

It's on HBO Sundays at 10. Here's the imdb description:
"Revolves around mysterious disappearances, world-wide, and specifically follows a group of people who are left behind in the suburban community of Mapleton. They must begin to rebuild their lives after the loss of more than 100 people."

It's on HBO Sundays at 10. Here's the imdb description:
"Revolves around mysterious disappearances, world-wide, and specifically follows a group of people who are left behind in the suburban community of Mapleton. They must begin to rebuild their lives after the loss of more than 100 people."

Ahhhhh...ok..i remember the previews! Thanks!

I think I am getting tired of apocalyptic shows.
Yeah. I'm not big on the apocalyptic stuff either. I like period show. Can't wait for Master's of Sex to come back (Showtime).

Know that the mysterious disappearances will never be explained. It's a show about how people react (and apparently dogs) to something that has no explanation. The Leftovers is created by Damon Lindelof, who also did Lost.

I'm a huge pet lover; I have been a volunteer at my local shelter a few times a week for many, many years but weirdly the dog shooting thing didn't bother me that much. The cult thing was a different story though, especially that Holy Wayne cult. A young dear family member of mine has been in a cult for over 10 years lead by a creepy guy. That was more "real" for me than the dog killing.

Last edited:
When I found out (late) that the show was by the creator or writer of Lost I really had an aha moment. There will be no explanations, and just when you think you have it figured out, some Dharma explanation will come in like a smoke monster and screw up everything you thought was true. Poor dh never watched enough Lost to get why this will be a disaster of a show for those who like closure.

When I found out (late) that the show was by the creator or writer of Lost I really had an aha moment. There will be no explanations, and just when you think you have it figured out, some Dharma explanation will come in like a smoke monster and screw up everything you thought was true. Poor dh never watched enough Lost to get why this will be a disaster of a show for those who like closure.

I watched the whole thing last night, Forced myself, :P

I was so annoyed with the way Lost ended that I agree that this will be just as frustrating especially as it was the intention of the author not to explain the disappearances and just focus on the reactions and relationships.

Funny, though, they showed the baby's face a few seconds before he disappeared, and the look on his face was one of recognition.

The Guilty Remnant...what can you say? They must stink of ciggies to the point of making you nauseous. Not enough notepaper to explain that crowd. Writing notes? They should get some etch- as- sketch pads at a bulk discount.