The leather on my Twiggy is uneven!!!

flyingkid

O.G.
Nov 12, 2007
Hi! I just received the Twiggy I bought on *Bay. I am so excited! It's a really roomy bag yet it isn't too big. However, I noticed the leather on the front near the handles (above the front pouch) is rather smooth, compared to the rest which is very crinkley and creased. Now I am worried, I have seen the bags you guys have are so so nice and the leather is even and smooshy. Despite the fact that I got it cheap, is this like a second or something?

2de7_1.JPG

2ef9_1.JPG

3007_1.JPG

Can someone please kindly help me out? This is quite urgent as I think I may return the bag or something. I think a better way of describing the smooth part of the leather is calling it 'chewy' rather than the normally 'veiny' leather

The pictures are a little small to see what you are unhappy with. Could you post bigger pictures? Also, each goat/ lamb is different, so each bag will be different.

I wish you well,

Bridget

hi there, it is kind normal if it is uneven. they dont distress evenly. but the more you use it the better it become. but the dif. is still there which makes it more unique.
other bbags are uneven too but the dif. varies.
that's what i have noticed. HTH

Yeah I have to agree that it is normal. I have a bordeaux first where the front is very silky and soft whereas the back of the bag is totally distressed and kind of wrinkley.

i also bought a twiggy in vermillion07....the leather on the front is distressed but the rest of the bag was smooth leather. it's the last one at the store so i took it. i just love the bag and color....i don't mind the leather was not being even....that's what makes it unique. enjoy it if you decide to keep it.

This is very common -- your pictures are too small to see the leather up close, but I don't think it should be a problem. My Tomato Day is smoother in the middle and more distressed at the sides. :shrugs: I think it's just a part of how the leather been treated.

Or maybe some goats are more wrinkly than others :P

Just relax;) it is perfectly normal.......as long as you love your bag that is all that matters! And like the others have already said your pictures are too small for us to see anything,

Kat

:roflmfao::roflmfao:goats more wrinkly than others:P

This is very common -- your pictures are too small to see the leather up close, but I don't think it should be a problem. My Tomato Day is smoother in the middle and more distressed at the sides. :shrugs: I think it's just a part of how the leather been treated.

Or maybe some goats are more wrinkly than others :P

flyingkid... i have the exact same twiggy (tabac) and it does the same thing. the back is very crinkly and the front is really smooth. I got mine brand new like that too. I think it's just the leather variation, and it's very normal.

Just uploading some pics of mine for you... notice how the front part is smooth and then turns to crinkly, and the back is mega crinkly?

Attachments

• DSCF0952.jpg
    DSCF0952.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 91
  • DSCF0946.jpg
    DSCF0946.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 106