The last straw; Metis Pochette.

LVGLITTER

Apr 21, 2009
Well after a long love affair (20yrs), I think I'm taking a break from LV sadly.

After a ton of drama back in the Galliera days, then my Montaigne GM frayed around the top, then my Ikat NF peeled andIMG_2668.JPGIMG_2666.JPG now my Metis has begun to fray, after using for just a few months...it's time for me to step away.

I love the style of it...but the purse Gods are telling me something!

Sorry you have to go through all these with LV, how long have you had your mono metis for?
LV should be able to sort that out for you but I know it's very disappointing. My ex-mono metis cracked after using it for 1 month[emoji107]

Sorry about all your troubles, have you tried taking the PM to the boutique? Hopefully they can give you store credit or they can fix it. I totally understand taking a break after all these issues, enjoy the pieces you have and do what's best for you, good luck!

So this is under the glazing on the back zip pocket? This is terrible!! I've had my PM three years this September, and last September had the dreaded cracking and seperating of the glaze on the flap. They sent it off and reglazed at no charge. But, to have for only a few months and this fraying? Please take it in and see what they'll do. It's sad that this great bag has had so many issues. Totally understand your wanting to step back from LV. I've also had glaze issues with my empriente Infini Speedy B, sold that one and don't plan on buying any more empriente pieces. All you can do is take it in and see what they'll do for you. Please let us know what happens.

When I stared my affair with LV, I had the basics, Speedy, Neverfull, Eva, Totally, but sold them all to fund the "higher end" LVs. I've had 2 Pochette Metis', and sold both due to issues. Here I sit having sold most of the other "higher end" bags and I'm schlepping back to LV to buy a Speedy B sometime this month. I've purchased 2 Neverfulls this past year and love them. I'll soon have only 2 Neverfulls (GM and MM), 2 Speedys, and one Alma BB. And I think I'll be darn happy with it! Not to throw LV under the bus, but I'm loving exploring other brands. I'd say my Celine Nano is my favorite bag right now. But, I'm looking forward to getting a Speedy B 30 back in my life as well. That said, I'll be hand picking mine out b/c I've seen quality issues with even a Speedy B lately. :sad:

Well after a long love affair (20yrs), I think I'm taking a break from LV sadly.

After a ton of drama back in the Galliera days, then my Montaigne GM frayed around the top, then my Ikat NF peeled andView attachment 3810900View attachment 3810901 now my Metis has begun to fray, after using for just a few months...it's time for me to step away.

I agree. I love the brand but the quality is not what it used to be from the bags to the SLG's

Reactions: amateurjeweler

After a ton of drama back in the Galliera days, then my Montaigne GM frayed around the top, then my Ikat NF peeled andView attachment 3810900View attachment 3810901 now my Metis has begun to fray, after using for just a few months...it's time for me to step away.

The Handbag world is a wide big place, you'll never know what other brands you will be obsessing next! Good luck in your discovery!

Thank you, I've been thinking of getting another Hermes Evelyne. Such a great cross body [emoji6]
The pochette metis was such a perfect bag. I bought it last year as my bday gift only to get 6 precious months before the glazing issue started. I wish they would fix the issues and rerelease it. I'm still trying to decide if I'll buy it in Empreinte. I would push the issue in hopes that LV will offer a credit this is a highly problematic bag.

Reactions: LVGLITTER
Completely agree with you OP. Actually I just started a post about this due to my recent experience..... LV quality control is just really bad right now.

If I'm honest with myself I'd say 2008 was when I began to notice the quality changing. Feels like the last really great quality bags were when the Manhattan and Tulum where out. That said, the gold did rub off over time on the turn lock on the Tulum. It's frustrating the LV brass isn't real....even coach's brass doesn't fade or rub off. [emoji30]