The Ladies/Gentlemen of the Dooney Forum

Aug 13, 2014
I just wanted to say how lovely it is to participate in a forum where everyone seems to be
supportive and helpful. I read comments about other forums being less than welcoming,
or posters being snarky or unkind. I'm glad the posters on the Dooney forum are so
open and friendly and willing to share their love of Dooney handbags as well as their
experience and knowledge.

I agree! We are a small, but supportive group. I love when new forum members, or old members from other forums join our little group. LJ, you have been the glue holding us together. I may not post all the time but I read your posts and I appreciate and learn from them. I know some of our older Dooney gals have moved on to other platforms, but I would love to hear from them whenever they feel like stopping by.

RN: thanks. I'm just trying to continue the tradition I found when I discovered the Dooney forum.
You and others were helpful to me.

It doesn't matter how simple or complex the question is,
there is always someone for whom the topic is new. That person could be a rocket scientist
with a big bank account (not me), and still not know what a twilly (sp?) is. (that was me)!
It was great to have a place to ask the question and not be laughed at. BTW, I have a very
large scarf collection, spanning many decades of collecting, but I had still never encountered
the word twilly until I heard it in a handbag discussion. Wearing silk scarfs tied to the handle
of a handbag was very popular back in the day (70's?). We just called them scarfs.

I think we all genuinely love our Dooney handbags (and others sometimes too), so talking about
them is fun and helping others appreciate them increases our own enjoyment. And most of us
are 'in it' for the quality not the logo. I think that makes a big difference. We want the brand to be
successful so it can continue providing us with great quality handbags at affordable prices.
We get upset when things don't go as we'd like, and that's legit. If any company falls down
too many times, it doesn't succeed in the long term. And then we wouldn't have our treasures,
in new styles and colors.

Another thing I like about the posters on this forum is that they share information, not just
opinions. Everyone has different tastes, budgets, and needs. What is great for one person
may not be good for another. So it's really helpful when posters explain why they love or hate
something. A shoulder strap that's too short/too long or too thin/too thick doesn't matter if
I hand carry my bags. But that's very useful info to someone else who shoulder carries.
I don't know if the posters here are smarter (from life's lessons or genetics) or nicer or older(more experienced) or what.... but
it's a good place to visit.

Thanks for always welcoming me. I moved onto to other brands from 2015 but due to the pandemic and closet cleaning last year 2020, I pulled out my older bags from Dooney that still looked very brand new inside their dustbags, I forgot all about my Dooneys and why I loved them so much. If it wasn't for you lavenderjunkie, I would have never known what is a Made in America bag or difference in leathers so thank you for educating me. My love for Dooney started all over again I own about 25 dooneys now! I still buy high end (Gucci, YSL, LV) for special occasions but I still buy dooneys frequently for everyday use, I just bought a Florentine bag last week. I love my Dooneys!! I bought my second Coach bag and it's more understated, and lighter weight but I gave it away to my mom. Something about it just looked rough leather so I couldn't stand it. I'm so spoiled by dooneys pebbled and smoother leathers that are soft to touch.

Thanks for always welcoming me. I moved onto to other brands from 2015 but due to the pandemic and closet cleaning last year 2020, I pulled out my older bags from Dooney that still looked very brand new inside their dustbags, I forgot all about my Dooneys and why I loved them so much. If it wasn't for you lavenderjunkie, I would have never known what is a Made in America bag or difference in leathers so thank you for educating me. My love for Dooney started all over again I own about 25 dooneys now! I still buy high end (Gucci, YSL, LV) for special occasions but I still buy dooneys frequently for everyday use, I just bought a Florentine bag last week. I love my Dooneys!! I bought my second Coach bag and it's more understated, and lighter weight but I gave it away to my mom. Something about it just looked rough leather so I couldn't stand it. I'm so spoiled by dooneys pebbled and smoother leathers that are soft to touch.
Rstar: It's always good to have the perspective of handbag lovers who have owned different brands.
Quality is not always obvious when we are looking at online ads or videos. Even if we buy a new
bag, the quality/or lack of quality sometimes doesn't reveal itself for a while.
But isn't it great to pull out a Dooney you have owned for years and find it's just as
beautiful as when you bought it and still looking like new? Styles of handbags and our own
fashion tastes may change over the years, but if we save our Dooney handbags long enough,
they seem to be 'just perfect' all over again! :smile:

:wave: Yes, everyone here is so nice! I haven't been around for a long while, never moved on, just quit buying so many bags. My style has changed and bags that didn't work for me before are my preferred style now, but I haven't tackled selling/donating and rebuying. I mean with the pandemic, I didn't need a bag to stay home...LOL! I still don't do much and don't NEED more bags, but I do love them.

I live and die by the Dooney totes for work. The zipper and hardware might loose there luster but never have they busted a stitch or even weathered a hole. It seems like this brand has thoughtfully engineered good corners ( also add feet) good side stability for structured handbags and bless my heart for saying, got a leather handbag wet and STILL it dries with no stains or marks.
I am completely happy with all of my Dooney s!

Hands down - old nylon is the BEST

I live and die by the Dooney totes for work. The zipper and hardware might loose there luster but never have they busted a stitch or even weathered a hole. It seems like this brand has thoughtfully engineered good corners ( also add feet) good side stability for structured handbags and bless my heart for saying, got a leather handbag wet and STILL it dries with no stains or marks.
I am completely happy with all of my Dooney s!

Hands down - old nylon is the BEST

I am a Dooney tote girl myself. I just got my first older nylon bag preowned. It is amazing quality! Even the leather straps are thick and smell incredible still.

:wave: Yes, everyone here is so nice! I haven't been around for a long while, never moved on, just quit buying so many bags. My style has changed and bags that didn't work for me before are my preferred style now, but I haven't tackled selling/donating and rebuying. I mean with the pandemic, I didn't need a bag to stay home...LOL! I still don't do much and don't NEED more bags, but I do love them.

Are the outlets closed? We used to have knowledgeable posters, telling us what was on sale and what was shipping from the outlets. Those were the days! Someone at PF (Two-Boyz?) told us about a 495.00 bag for $119.00.

Anyway, I noticed recently D&B bags on the secondary market and I was surprised by the asking prices. Granted, asking price and selling price are two different things. If you are looking to do a closet clean-out it looks like the Dooney bags are holding their value.

Reactions: defeated
I’m hoping to see better sales or wait for 12 days of Dooney. The prices are very high and I’ve returned most of the items I’ve received in the past few months due to disgraceful pebbling of Florentine. I’m hoping they are retooling to give us better service and products. Let’s cross our fingers on that!

Are the outlets closed? We used to have knowledgeable posters, telling us what was on sale and what was shipping from the outlets. Those were the days! Someone at PF (Two-Boyz?) told us about a 495.00 bag for $119.00.

Anyway, I noticed recently D&B bags on the secondary market and I was surprised by the asking prices. Granted, asking price and selling price are two different things. If you are looking to do a closet clean-out it looks like the Dooney bags are holding their value.

I was browsing the second hand sites yesterday and wow..asking prices were almost as much as buying new. And if you have a rare color to sell more power to you.

Not sure if all the outlets are open but i have seen outlet tours on YouTube this week. I watch a lot of the past forum members on You tube. Two boys is My Pursuit of Happiness on there. I love her. All of the Dooney community is so awesome.

Lavender j started a sales and chat thread here recently too.

• Love
Reactions: RuedeNesle