The Kindness of Strangers

There are definitely so many lovely members here in the nail forum. The Secret Astronaut was my first exchange and though I've been on TPF for a while, I'm pretty new to the nail forum and it was great to see the generosity and kindness of so many to people they have never met. Thank you also for allowing me to be a part of it :flowers:

Here is my recent RAOK:

IMG_0054-1.jpg

Essie Viva La Vespa, A England Lady of the Lake, OPI Rumple's Wiggin', OPI Congaline Coral.

I"m so grateful!! I can't believe I finally have VLV and an A England polish! And this person just knew my love of purple and coral!

I :heart: this thread.

People are so kind and generous. There is so much great nail polish karma going on in this thread.

I've been on the receiving end of this one tPFer's gracious gift giving. She has become like a little sister to me. She is so super sweet and thoughtful. She managed to find and send me my HG polish. I don't know where she found it but she sent me a bottle of Chanel Haute Chocolate plus some sparky nail polishes and that was only one of many boxes she has sent me.

Today I even got a package from her. She sent me some awesome b-day gifts. :cloud9: She included the OPI Ulta Sparkle teal sunrise and another amazing glitter from a brand I've never heard of before. I :heart: her.

^ that's so awesome!! She sounds so thoughtful and kind. there needs to be more people like that in the world.

i love this thread! it's so great to see how everyone reaches out to each other behind the scenes.

Knasarae and coronita, you both got some gorgeous polishes! It's really uplifting to know that there are still people out there who enjoy giving and sharing "just because." Thanks for sharing!

I know we're like a little family here in the nail forum, and some of us have even become "in real life" friends, lol. But for most of us, our relationships with other members here will never have the opportunity to be in person. Still the kindness, support and generosity of everyone never ceases to amaze me.

I know we have different RAOK activities... but the fact of the matter is there are random acts of kindness happening in here all the time! So why not have a thread to post and celebrate?

I know some people like to keep their anonymity so don't feel like you have to call someone out. Feel free to post as much or as little as you feel comfortable!

I have some personal RAOKs from other ladies that are randomly posted but these have both happened to me in the past week.

First, a wonderful PF'er gifted me OPI My Private Jet. It's not the original, but it has a slightly scattered holo and with a layer of Catherine Arley 667 on top it looks pretty much like the real deal!!

Second, another fabulous PF'er sent me something very, very special from 1000's of miles away!!! She saw my wish list and offered to share her Lancome Pop Petrol with me. And I don't mean she had an extra bottle. She decanted some into an empty bottle for me. And even better??? She put it in a Dior bottle with the new brush!!!! And if that wasn't enough she also threw in a total suprise. OPI Damone Roberts 1968!!!!!!

attachment.php

To both of those wonderful ladies, my sincerest thanks. I truly appreciate your generosity and will enjoy these polishes to the fullest!!!

I love this and this thread, Knas!! :cloud9:

I'm really impressed with the girls I met here!!! They are so kind and generous... I'm so happy that I found this forum and all of you, my nail obsessed friends!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knas, thank you for this treat!

I'm really impressed with the girls I met here!!! They are so kind and generous... I'm so happy that I found this forum and all of you, my nail obsessed friends!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knas, thank you for this treat!

Aw my pleasure. And thanks to all of you who make this forum so great!!!

These are the most recent RAOK I was fortunate to receive...

DSC_0050-1.jpg

NYX Blue Ave; OPI Mad as a Hatter; KOH: Fierce, Purple Universe, Sparkly!; Illamasqua Raindrops; Rococo Nail Apparel Gold Leaf

Needless to say, I was completely and utterly shocked to see these arrive at my doorsteps. I was first kindly offered the mini bottle of MAAH to tie me over while I continued my search. Then, shortly later, I was surprised to receive a full size as well.

I can't possibly thank the generous ladies whom have sent these beauties my way enough. They know who they are. :winkiss: :hugs: The thoughtfulness of the women here are truly amazing. I will keep that with me forever, and pay it forward.

The ladies in this forum rock! I have been so lucky to be on both the giving and receiving end of some raoks. It makes me so happy to be able to share my finds with others and to help out with those htf polishes.

Thank you to all the ladies that have been so kind to me! You are all angels and it makes me smile just to see the kindness that has been shown to me. My life has been crazy hectic lately and it has been so nice to sit down and look at the lovely polishes that have been gifted to me.

DSC_0050-1.jpg

NYX Blue Ave; OPI Mad as a Hatter; KOH: Fierce, Purple Universe, Sparkly!; Illamasqua Raindrops; Rococo Nail Apparel Gold Leaf

Needless to say, I was completely and utterly shocked to see these arrive at my doorsteps. I was first kindly offered the mini bottle of MAAH to tie me over while I continued my search. Then, shortly later, I was surprised to receive a full size as well.

I can't possibly thank the generous ladies whom have sent these beauties my way enough. They know who they are. :winkiss: :hugs: The thoughtfulness of the women here are truly amazing. I will keep that with me forever, and pay it forward.
Ooooh, MAAH! I have the mini. It was given to me by a dear fellow polish friend when I went back home in July. She gave me her AA mini too. I got fuzzies when I got them. :smile: Enjoy them! Those are all lovely shades!

:love: the MAAH's look so cute next to each other! Everyone here is so sweet and generous. I can't wait to participate in Secret Santa this year. I am one of those people who enjoy giving more than receiving!

DSC_0050-1.jpg

OMG I want that gold leaf polish, it looks AMAZING