The Jury's In - Gold Miroir Speedy

Wow, that's still a terrible answer. Plus your long drive! I'm sorry to hear. But I guess I would soon be on the same boat as you since I have a Silver Speedy!

Liberté;4277731 said:
I have one comment to this kind of treatment:

:yucky:

I guess it should've said in the booklet "don't stuff the purse" or "keep on shelf at home at all times in dark enclosed space" in addition to do not expose to heat, sun, toothpaste, moisturizer, human skin, rain, snow, dogs, infants and mother in laws... :cursing:

you forgot exposure to air

Sorry about your bag and the long drive ... and I admire your self-control about walking away empty-handed ... I would have ended up with a "cheer up" item ...

I did come away with a reservation list so I'm not much of an Angel

Liberte is right. If LV had disclosed this "natural phenomenon" to you, I doubt you would have spent your money on the bag. It sure didn't say anything in the care booklet. That's a really shameful answer!!!

And another thing...I can't believe you simply walked out. I would have gone ballistic. You're a good LV customer; do they really want to risk losing your business over something like this? Apparently, they do. What next?

We said that too, I even asked what happens if it spreads ...same answer nothing can be done
I had to leave because I was so disappointed, going mad at the SA wouldn't have gotten me anywhere he said if I wanted to they would send it off to Paris but it would take 3 months to assess and the report would prob be the same.
I already have a boycott on tiffany but I really love LV so as much the I don't like the situation it's not enough for me too leave LV and I won't threaten something if I'm not prepared to follow through
I will consider my LE's a little more carefully before buying in the future though

I am so disappointed to hear that they did not offer a more equitable solution for you. It seems like they are saying, "sorry you paid for our quality weaknesses". That just doesn't seem fair to me.

I'm sorry you had to drive such a long distance too, not nice at all :tdown:

Do you think LV knew about this "natural phenomenon" before they released the miroir speedy? I would be so disappointed, so sorry this happened to you. I have wanted a miroir bag for so long...but I think it's best for me to wait a while and see the verdicts of all the miroir styles before I do. Hopefully the speedy is the only culprit since you have the other styles too!

Sorry you didn't get better news. I also agree that it is a bit of a "cop out" on LV's part, they shouldn't be producing items that can't even stand up to gentle use.:tdown:

Claire, this makes me angry that LV gave you a horrible answer. What kind of customer service is that? You paid a lot of money for your Miroir Speedy and it hasn't even been a whole year yet. LV should own up to this defect and give you a refund or something!

I already have a boycott on tiffany but I really love LV so as much the I don't like the situation it's not enough for me too leave LV and I won't threaten something if I'm not prepared to follow through
I will consider my LE's a little more carefully before buying in the future though

Sorry to hear what happened. May I ask why you are boycotting Tiffanys?

Poop, that's just not right!!

I would still write a letter to express my unhappiness....I realy haye the standard, 'oh, well' type of answer.

And to not call you, that's just rude!

how disappointing! did they even offer to exchange it for something else (a more durable item?) they seem to be well aware of the limitations of the PVC material, and ought to be willing to do something towards your satisfaction or at least warn buyers of the potential (huge) problems!

I cannot believe they said that! I don't like spending that much $$ on a bag that will bubble like that. You'd better believe that if it starts happening to my silver lockit that I will raise HELL!