The jungle of jeans

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Jeans jeans jeans..........This is a thread about jeans in general, no skinny vs bootcut discussion, but brands....OK here are the big ones I know :
    Please correct me if I'm wrong !!!

So we have the oldies US :
    -Levi's
    -Lee
    -Wrangler

The US stars :
    -Notify
    -Corleone
    -Citizen
    -Joe's

The Frenchies :
    -Blue Cult
    -Le temps des Cerises
    -Paul and Joe

The English edge :
    -Pepe jeans
    -Firetrap

The Italian invasion :
    -Diesel
    -Miss Sixty
    -Fornarina
    -Killah

The Spanish gang :
    -Lois

The Swedish coolness:
    -Tigers of Sweden
    -Acne
    -Cheap Monday

-> different brand positionning, different qualities, different prices, different cuts, different know-how.....
    I would be interested in knowing your experiences about these brands the good and bads, and if you know where they are made.

I am personally fed up with paying 250 $ for a pair being made in China (hello Diesel ), 150 $ for a pair where stitches go off after 2 months (Miss Sixty),
    not finding one single fitting cut and get my (usual) size 27 up to my....knees !! (Levi's), the jeans go up 2 sizes after washing (le temps des cerises).......but I like my long lasting cheap Lee !! and can't find a shop selling Cheap Monday where they are not sold out.

Your turn !!!!!

2. Add to US- Rock and Republic, I love mine but the buttons pop off all the time.
    And Paige Premium Denim. For Miss Sixty I go to their outlet. All current cuts and washes and all $79 or under!!

3. wait wait you forgot about true religions, they're really low cut but i love them

4. Hudson
    Taverniti So
    Yanuk
    Farmer Industry
    Blue Cult

These are some brands I own and really am fond of :smile:

5. I'm pretty sure Notify is a french brand.

Add Tsubi and Sass & Bide both famous for their contributions to the skinny-jeans trend. Both Aussies.

6. I own a couple of Buffalo jeans.. They are pretty comfortable..
    Buffalo - Spanish

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice