The JADE thread!

Hi fellow jade lovers.

There are a couple of items I’m eyeing in Unijade over at Etsy. I searched here and saw that the feedback from Unijade is relatively good.

I was wondering if Unijade at Etsy is the same shop that’s referenced in this thread, or if there’s another one? Thanks in advance.

I’ve found conditioners and oilier compounds to work a lot better when trying to wear my bangles. There’s also the idea that the more you take your bangles in and out, the easier you’ll get as your hands get used to being squeezed.

Was recommended to squeeze my hands regularly to help them get softer.

I’ve found these tips to really work. Have a few bangles that are really cutting quite close to unwearable due to my weight gain. Hope this helps!
I currently have a bangle that will not come off (been wearing it every day for 15 months). im going to try squeezing my hands periodically bc oil and conditioner don't help me get it off lol

I’m heartbroken. I dropped another jadeite bangle on my wooden floor. I don’t understand how it happened. I took it off to type (it was annoying) and laid it on a napkin near the center of the table, and somehow it ended on the edge? It seems ok, no chips. I saw a couple of scratches under a super bright make up light, but I think those were already there from before. I’m so upset though, because I don’t know if I ruined the durability of the bangle. I don’t know if it’s a trick of the light, but I almost feel like it was more translucent before, where as now it’s cloudier? I don’t know if I’m just imagining things though. I hate that I have this doubt now though. I really Don’t want to wear it now, because I feel like I damaged my bangle. I still have it on my arm, but I’m so upset.

I’m heartbroken. I dropped another jadeite bangle on my wooden floor. I don’t understand how it happened. I took it off to type (it was annoying) and laid it on a napkin near the center of the table, and somehow it ended on the edge? It seems ok, no chips. I saw a couple of scratches under a super bright make up light, but I think those were already there from before. I’m so upset though, because I don’t know if I ruined the durability of the bangle. I don’t know if it’s a trick of the light, but I almost feel like it was more translucent before, where as now it’s cloudier? I don’t know if I’m just imagining things though. I hate that I have this doubt now though. I really Don’t want to wear it now, because I feel like I damaged my bangle. I still have it on my arm, but I’m so upset.
If it's any consolation, I'm almost certain that the bangle didn't sustain any damage... I really do believe there would be cracks obvious to the eye if it were damaged. It is fine :smile: continue to wear it and enjoy it!!

Excited for you on your princess bangle @ivorydolly! I have just received my wuji princess and will post a photo one of these days.. I tried it on and I have to say it feels a little different, more voluminous (if that makes sense) than the D ones and less easier to slip on.
Do show the new bangle sometime. I'd love to see what a wuji jadeite bangle looks like! I heard that with princess bangles you should size down (possibly for the reasons you stated). I got a size 51.2mm... should be interesting to see how it fits. I have a feeling I'm gonna need soap and water.

Reactions: pureplatinum