The JADE thread!

Today I got my gojade bangle and it fits!
It is Burmese jade but quite similar to some Guatemalan jade.
Here it is and compared to my Guatemalan jadeite bangle.

View attachment 5700393

View attachment 5700394

View attachment 5700395

View attachment 5700396

View attachment 5700397

View attachment 5700398

View attachment 5700399

View attachment 5700400

View attachment 5700401

View attachment 5700402
It’s gorgeous! The colour is similar but you can tell the difference from the translucency. Congratulations!

This is moulting season for some birds. I remember your little yellow one used to pluck due to high anxiety, poor baby.
He still plucks and it gets worse this time of year, poor baby.
Such a pretty bangle! I’ve been searching for something like this for a while. Out of curiosity, what size is this bangle? Additionally, from what seller did you purchase? Thank you.
Thank you! According to the seller, the bangle is a 47mm x 41mm. It's from Gojade. I'll attach a seller pic so you can see the difference in color from my pictures to what the seller posted. To me, this is why having a seller who uses photos of the jade outside in natural sunlight and in different lighting conditions is better. Beauty shots are lovely to look at, but kind of unfair to the buyer.

3NiNYLG.jpg

Today I got my gojade bangle and it fits!
It is Burmese jade but quite similar to some Guatemalan jade.
Here it is and compared to my Guatemalan jadeite bangle.
Wow Uli, that is really gorgeous! The carving looks so great and the color of your photos is much closer to what the seller posted. Makes me a little more tempted to get a dragon bangle in that style.

Reactions: crabapples
Is Gojade a reputable seller? I found a gorgeous 51 mm bangle on his eBay site, and I really want it. It’s a dragon carved bangle. However, I’ve never bought from him before.
My experience has been good with this seller so far. The jade that is labelled at "A jade" seems to be grade A. I have only done home tests and never sent them out for testing though, so caveat emptor. They don't always have the best quality jade and the color on the selling pic is boosted, but their prices aren't as high as others and they do take offers on most items.

He still plucks and it gets worse this time of year, poor baby.

Thank you! According to the seller, the bangle is a 47mm x 41mm. It's from Gojade. I'll attach a seller pic so you can see the difference in color from my pictures to what the seller posted. To me, this is why having a seller who uses photos of the jade outside in natural sunlight and in different lighting conditions is better. Beauty shots are lovely to look at, but kind of unfair to the buyer.

3NiNYLG.jpg
Yes, agreed on the beauty shots. I don’t want to be disappointed when I receive the product because it looks so different.

Sending love and healing to your lovebirds.