The JADE thread!

Do you find that the princess cut rests higher on your wrist/arm? I’d love to see a picture of you don’t mind sharing.
Here it is. I like princess cuts to be smaller in size but white nephrite bangles are so hard to come, by so I couldn’t pass it up. The white one with dendrites that I posted above is my favorite.

F5E9CE83-B918-457D-869D-359BBE34A099.jpeg

What do you guys use to stack? I have several silver bracelets, but I’m afraid it will damage the Jadeite bangle. For those that stack, have you noticed any damage or wear on your bangles after a while? Or those what wear Apple Watches, (I’m considering buying one) how do you wear them together? The hand I wear my bangle on is the one I use for watches, but I couldn’t imagine wearing a watch and bangle together just for fear or wearing down my bangle.

Reactions: crabapples
What do you guys use to stack? I have several silver bracelets, but I’m afraid it will damage the Jadeite bangle. For those that stack, have you noticed any damage or wear on your bangles after a while? Or those what wear Apple Watches, (I’m considering buying one) how do you wear them together? The hand I wear my bangle on is the one I use for watches, but I couldn’t imagine wearing a watch and bangle together just for fear or wearing down my bangle.
Right now I am using these - they are silicone Buddhist rush bracelets. I also am considering some gold plated titanium ones, but not right now.

Silver or other metals will not harm your jadeite bangles, long as the hardness doesn’t exceed 6.5. I know jadeite can have a hardness of up to 7 but better safe than sorry. Also the toughness is not the same as hardness. Hardness refers to how easily the gem or stone is scratched; toughness is how prone they are to chipping and cracking.

The 2 snippets are from this website -

For example, do not pair rose quartz without any spacer in between your jadeite bangle because it may scratch the jadeite. However, the rose quartz will crack much easier than your jadeite bangle.

7A405233-4E93-41CE-B7CF-3AEB70B2A9E0.jpeg

CE986EDE-E3FD-48D3-B8CE-0995C5A6010E.jpeg

• Insightful
Reactions: etudes
You should wear a spacer between your bangle and watch because your watch will get damaged over time, unless it’s a rubber strap.

Reactions: etudes
The jadeite is harder than steel, so the watch is in more danger. I have not had a problem with them touching. My bangles seem to hold still on my arm.
1E77B0A8-BC8B-41AB-BCEF-251F8B919FC6.jpeg

The jadeite is harder than steel, so the watch is in more danger. I have not had a problem with them touching. My bangles seem to hold still on my arm.
View attachment 5666028
I love the combination of spring green, white and the gold!
Alex might be concerned because her bangles may be a bit loose so they would be sliding around a bit, like my pale green one. I think she doesn’t want the bangles to “crash” into the watch but you’re right, the watch is more at risk of damage.

I love the combination of spring green, white and the gold!
Alex might be concerned because her bangles may be a bit loose so they would be sliding around a bit, like my pale green one. I think she doesn’t want the bangles to “crash” into the watch but you’re right, the watch is more at risk of damage.
This makes perfect sense! My heavy ones slip and slide too. For clarity, today's thin bangles seem to hold in place. I am sure this is beause I am "fluffy" :smile:

When they do slide, I use silver bangles as a buffer. I love the idea of the silicone prayer bangles being so soft and protective. I am going to buy some! Also, sometimes I like gold instead of silver, depending on mood. I do not have any gold bangles.

• Love
Reactions: crabapples
This makes perfect sense! My heavy ones slip and slide too. For clarity, today's thin bangles seem to hold in place. I am sure this is beause I am "fluffy" :smile:

When they do slide, I use silver bangles as a buffer. I love the idea of the silicone prayer bangles being so soft and protective. I am going to buy some! Also, sometimes I like gold instead of silver, depending on mood. I do not have any gold bangles.
The store I linked also sells the rush bracelets in a silver colour. I just like the look of the yellow.

Reactions: moneymeister