The JADE thread!

The cutlet sticks out! But I couldn’t stand wearing anything on my right wrist so I switched it back to my left wrist.

Top is the lighter side, bottom the darker side. Left is in morning sun, right is in shaded indoor light. View attachment 5143608
Yeah I wouldn't be too worried about it as long as the bangle is close fitting so there isn't a chance it'll go over the culet and potentially cause micro scratches on the bangle! Also looking at the bangle makes me want to buy myself a blue water jade with such a chameleon effect. :loveeyes:

would your seller happen to have more? I just love the color
So the seller is called jadeabc2012

here is one in a similar colour but it’s 61mm which I think might be too large

This is slightly different but two tone
This is close but a different shape

I have sent her a message and let her know you are interested in looking at yellow-green bangles & I’ll let you know when she gets back to me. I think she uploads stuff quite frequently and she seems to have a big range of stuff.

Reactions: limom and Icyjade
So the seller is called jadeabc2012

here is one in a similar colour but it’s 61mm which I think might be too large

This is slightly different but two tone
This is close but a different shape

I have sent her a message and let her know you are interested in looking at yellow-green bangles & I’ll let you know when she gets back to me. I think she uploads stuff quite frequently and she seems to have a big range of stuff.

Thanks! Are the stuff you get from the seller certified as A jade?

Guess who got a rainbow bubble wrapped delivery today?! I just love the envelope lol.

Virtual unpacking time!

Ta-da

I know quite a few fellow jadies got the chameleon bangles from the same stone so hello bangle sisters! My new bluish green bangle has a lighter part and a darker part and looks almost like 2 different bangles depending on which side is visible.
View attachment 5141802

Checked with Joey (from Lihong) and she confirmed that it’s of Myanmar origin and also that there are two different bluish-green boulders - one that is darker and less translucent (and I recall with some yellow?) and I think what I’d tried the first time and this other boulder that is lighter color/more translucent.

For my bangle I actually like the lighter color part more and would have preferred a slightly thicker bangle but Li-Hong has a limited selection of princess round that’s in my size so this one it is.

Much more pleasant experience with Joey vs my earlier visit and I got to wear the bangle myself so no bruises and didn’t feel violated.

She didn’t allow me to take pics of the store interior so sorry no extra store/eye candy pics for you ladies.

Congratulations on your new bangle! It is gorgeous and we are definitely bangle sisters. I think my bangles may have come from the part of the stone on each side of your bangle!

20E4A31D-4697-4B86-B28B-00483BE1278D.jpeg32A2B828-5B58-42EA-98B8-84B713A70C73.jpeg

Congratulations on your new bangle! It is gorgeous and we are definitely bangle sisters. I think my bangles may have come from the part of the stone on each side of your bangle!

View attachment 5143812View attachment 5143813

Oh! Hello bangle sister! :flowers:

Or maybe yours is one from each boulder? The lighter one looks like the “good” side on mine. The darker one looks like the other boulder?

I love how even your lighter one looks!

Btw I was asked on the other forum if I was sure the bangle is Burmese jade or Guatemala origin. Is there a way that we can easily use to assess? I read online re: color and clarity etc but honestly don’t know enough to tell. Do recall reading before that it’s quite common for Guatemala jade to be passed off as Burmese due to price difference.

Oh! Hello bangle sister! :flowers:

Or maybe yours is one from each boulder? The lighter one looks like the “good” side on mine. The darker one looks like the other boulder?

I love how even your lighter one looks!

Btw I was asked on the other forum if I was sure the bangle is Burmese jade or Guatemala origin. Is there a way that we can easily use to assess? I read online re: color and clarity etc but honestly don’t know enough to tell. Do recall reading before that it’s quite common for Guatemala jade to be passed off as Burmese due to price difference.
I've been curious on this as well and I do recall there are videos (in Chinese) telling you how to look for and avoid the Guatemalan blue jade like the plague (for some reasons aside from scamming), which all said to look for color + clarity as well. Notably that Guatemalan blue has a more foggy look + cotton inclusions, and has a more greenish tint if light's shone behind it compared to Burmese blue water.

I've been curious on this as well and I do recall there are videos (in Chinese) telling you how to look for and avoid the Guatemalan blue jade like the plague (for some reasons aside from scamming), which all said to look for color + clarity as well. Notably that Guatemalan blue has a more foggy look + cotton inclusions, and has a more greenish tint if light's shone behind it compared to Burmese blue water.

Yeah but I see some Guatemalan blue jade that looks good and frankly similar to mine so maybe? Like:

Yeah but I see some Guatemalan blue jade that looks good and frankly similar to mine so maybe? Like:

Yeah I personally feel that as long as they look like blue water, then there's really nothing to be concerned about in terms of origins.

The cutlet sticks out! But I couldn’t stand wearing anything on my right wrist so I switched it back to my left wrist.

Top is the lighter side, bottom the darker side. Left is in morning sun, right is in shaded indoor light. View attachment 5143608

very beautiful . This reminds me of my blue water from HK . Although it’s not from Li Hong . It does makes me wonder about its place of origin, but the seller has said it was 缅蓝。 which translates to blue water jade from Myanmar .

This is under bright windows sill sunlight . Indoors it is much darker .
E7FDC253-DD25-4AF5-8652-2183371A02DE.jpeg

Nothing new . After collecting my princess round blue cert last week . I decide on a whim I should send other stuff to get them all certified at NGI . Can only do it in batches because certification is costly and time consuming , but it does gives a peace of mind whether it’s for gifting or for off springs to inherit them in future.

Glad to find out both are legit . Certified friend’s imperial green ring on her behalf as well .

1209C758-0ECA-47EA-827B-6D1492F2C0B4.jpeg6B522E0A-0D91-46F2-BB9C-02CC635FE1F6.jpegA8830869-4191-4823-A3E2-C8B98C0FCC84.jpeg142C2A92-35EF-4F78-8A04-02188A857F53.jpeg3F8A1F80-7965-4CE1-819A-67D840A723F7.jpeg

very beautiful . This reminds me of my blue water from HK . Although it’s not from Li Hong . It does makes me wonder about its place of origin, but the seller has said it was 缅蓝。 which translates to blue water jade from Myanmar .

This is under bright windows sill sunlight . Indoors it is much darker .
View attachment 5144631

I think this is the pic that made me crave a blue bangle:heart:

Ladies, hope you're keeping well! Been a while since I browsed this thread and can see there's lots of yummy photos to catch up on

I've a slight dilemma and would love your opinions:

I loved my pale lavender jadeite bangle (the one closest to my wrist on the left hand side) so bought another recently. The online photos made the green and lavender seem more vibrant and therefore a bigger contrast to my existing. Upon receiving it, the colour difference is smaller.

Should I keep both or let go of one?

You can see the new one (bangle on the right) does have a paler whiter colour on the palm up side, and is faintly green on the opposite side.

I would realistically only wear one bangle at a time as I prefer to wear it on my right arm and not to stack.

Thanks!!!

Attachments

• PXL_20210723_120504758.jpg
    PXL_20210723_120504758.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 26
  • PXL_20210723_120546064.jpg
    PXL_20210723_120546064.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 26
  • PXL_20210723_120515620.jpg
    PXL_20210723_120515620.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 25
  • PXL_20210723_120549872.jpg