The JADE thread!

Thanks SD There are 2 or 3 that reach the surface. I’m a lefty so my right wrist is way smaller. I can wear a 55 on my right but my left is a 61. I think I may have 3 that can fit my left wrist and 40 or so for me right.

Wow, I didn't realise the difference in wrist size can be so vast! I'm ambidextrous so what fits on the right fits on the left too in terms of bangles and rings

Wow! Lovely jadeite heart ring! Was the semi-infinity band made to match it? Such a perfect pair!
Wow, I didn't realise the difference in wrist size can be so vast! I'm ambidextrous so what fits on the right fits on the left too in terms of bangles and rings
Thank you! The semi “smile” ring I got it before the heart ring haha. Being ambidextrous is so cool!! It’s like a Super Power! :biggrin:

Hey ladies! I need your opinion and advice regarding 24k gold accessorized onto jewelries. Literally half an hour ago my father added those 24k pixiu onto a greenstone bracelet (variety of serpentine maybe) and want to know how often those 24k accessory beads last if you would to wear those once every week for a full day? Knowing how malleable pure gold is especially without alloy fillers to give the gold more durability in longtime wear.
Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone, just a quick note to say hello and to thank you all for sharing your knowledge. I have read through the whole thread and learnt a lot. I have had a longstanding interest in jade but only got my first bangle 3 months ago and am making up for lost time!
Welcome to the group CM! Congrats on your first bangle! Please feel free to share pics so we can drool over it. I've recently became more interested after the bangle my MIL gave me broke from a fall when I missed a step. I got away with a sprained ankle but the bangle ended up in 3 pieces. Since then I've been learning and searching for my first owned bangle. Been looking for over a year. I want this to be my forever bangle.

Welcome to the group CM! Congrats on your first bangle! Please feel free to share pics so we can drool over it. I've recently became more interested after the bangle my MIL gave me broke from a fall when I missed a step. I got away with a sprained ankle but the bangle ended up in 3 pieces. Since then I've been learning and searching for my first owned bangle. Been looking for over a year. I want this to be my forever bangle.

Oic. Was it a family heirloom? Did you repurpose the broken pieces?

Thanks SD There are 2 or 3 that reach the surface. I’m a lefty so my right wrist is way smaller. I can wear a 55 on my right but my left is a 61. I think I may have 3 that can fit my left wrist and 40 or so for me right.

Wow I didn’t know either. Mine can fit on both though I don’t wear on my right as I will bang the bangle too often since I’m right handed

Hey ladies! I need your opinion and advice regarding 24k gold accessorized onto jewelries. Literally half an hour ago my father added those 24k pixiu onto a greenstone bracelet (variety of serpentine maybe) and want to know how often those 24k accessory beads last if you would to wear those once every week for a full day? Knowing how malleable pure gold is especially without alloy fillers to give the gold more durability in longtime wear.
Thanks in advance!
AA, I have 24K jewelry and do know it is very soft. However this 24K jewelry has been in my family like forever. It does bend but can be bent back into place. I believe that in olden times Chinese only had 24K and it lasted a very long time. If it gets damaged, it can always be fixed I think. If it is a 24K pixiu charm maybe you can make the link out of 14K gold.

AA, I have 24K jewelry and do know it is very soft. However this 24K jewelry has been in my family like forever. It does bend but can be bent back into place. I believe that in olden times Chinese only had 24K and it lasted a very long time. If it gets damaged, it can always be fixed I think. If it is a 24K pixiu charm maybe you can make the link out of 14K gold.
Oh! I could put it onto a gold chain eventually. But for now it’ll be stuck onto the green beads now, speaking of the green beads, the jeweler my father went to have the gold pixiu bead added on said they weren’t a serpentine variety but were possibly maw sit sit. What do you ladies think? Has tons of color but is opaque. :P
1824B0BF-AF03-40EA-9856-75F57FB7370E.jpegDBD0CA65-0BF8-421B-8684-346E9ECA9ED1.jpeg
Photo with lighting to show off the dark greens and blacks:
6AE2AA23-1D0E-43A6-8C25-1496CFC30FEA.jpeg