The JADE thread!

I like to buy jades that are not alike. If I have one color already that is usually good for me. Since I have been loving jade for a while, I have bought one of each color. Here is an old picture I have of some of my bangles. I must admit Vintagey jade collecting is addictive. I have decided to stop buying....(if I can) LOL. P.S. Please excuse this picture as it was taken in very bad lighting on a dark night so the colors are not as accurate as they should be.

View attachment 5000403

Love your collection of bangles!! So lovely and classic

Oh, wow!! What a collection of wonderful solid colours! My 2 faves in your collection are the bright green one in the bottom right corner and the lavender in the top right corner. It's great that you can view your pieces in person :biggrin:
Smokie, You have picked two of my favorites too. I am fortunate to be able to do in person viewing BUT it certainly is dangerous too because it is hard to control yourself.

Ok, I am guilty of collecting lavender pieces whether solid or a mix of colours. To me, we can get a different cut such a princess round, oval, D shape and also different widths. So they make look similar but they are very different haha :biggrin: I don't feel guilty about not wearing them often.

Wow, you have KIV-ed so many bangles at once. I can normally only think of only a bangle at a time, maximum 2 bangles at a time and maybe I also haven't had the opportunity to be interested in so many bangles at once. If it's just 2 that I'm interested in at that point in time, normally I will get both :biggrin: I wouldn't know what to do if I were thinking of so many!
Ok I won’t feel so bad about getting 2 icy bangles then :P Do you have a family pic of your lavender collection?

Yes I’m obsessed that’s why always looking at bangles haha. Every one is diff and appeals to me in a diff way. Wish I can get them all but trying to be prudent hence haven’t given in to any impulse buying yet :P Here’s a unique muted purple I tried on the other day. It doesn’t photograph well. I liked it cos it’s diff from any other lavender I have seen and seems more neutral. Good translucency. A quiet kind of beauty. I can’t even describe the colour!
408164C0-0FD9-4866-8355-2E023A2488F1.jpeg

This was one of my first green bangles and I’ve recently been enamoured with it. I’ve always been a black and lavender jadeite girl but this one has completely captured my heart again.
It’s so icy and jelly! Love it! Green bangles will always have special place in my heart too. Funny how sometimes we go back and rediscover our “1st love”.

Ok I won’t feel so bad about getting 2 icy bangles then :P Do you have a family pic of your lavender collection?

Yes I’m obsessed that’s why always looking at bangles haha. Every one is diff and appeals to me in a diff way. Wish I can get them all but trying to be prudent hence haven’t given in to any impulse buying yet :P Here’s a unique muted purple I tried on the other day. It doesn’t photograph well. I liked it cos it’s diff from any other lavender I have seen and seems more neutral. Good translucency. A quiet kind of beauty. I can’t even describe the colour!
View attachment 5001170

No family picture I’m afraid. I’m one of those people who keeps each bangle in its original box. I wanted to buy a big jewelry box but now that’s gone up in price and I don’t trust myself to keep all my bangles together anyway haha

Reactions: VintageyGirl
Have any of you worn a princess bangle as a chunky pendant either on a cord or a gold chain? It seems like this could be a cool look with the right outfit.
I think this would be a cool look but knowing me I would probably be taking off the bangle/pendant and it would fall to the ground and break into a million pieces. LOL I really am so clumsy.

Reactions: SmokieDragon
It’s so icy and jelly! Love it! Green bangles will always have special place in my heart too. Funny how sometimes we go back and rediscover our “1st love”.
Hey, off discussion here but matsalice has a whole batch of bright green, and forest green (looks like grey mixed with green visually) combo jade bangles that I think you may like. Probably fresh off a jade studio in China she goes to as well, saw them and thought of you :lol:
I think you should check them out!

Reactions: SmokieDragon
Have any of you worn a princess bangle as a chunky pendant either on a cord or a gold chain? It seems like this could be a cool look with the right outfit.
Interesting idea. It could be a bold modern look! I didn’t have any cords or thick enough chains but I tried to use a scarf on it. Unfortunately it doesn’t sit flat on my chest haha. 40E3B01D-951F-45B2-9F9F-63D8B4081BA2.jpeg