The JADE thread!

Here it is paired with my square green nephrite and princess round Edwards Black nephrite. The nephrites were made by Allan Spehar. He is such an artist. I just love him. I actually like the color on your moss in snow/floating flower bangle better than mine because it is a brighter green. Sometimes I think that spinach green is too dark.

View attachment 4996312
That square nephrite is beautiful! I think I’m one of the few that actually prefers nephrite over jadeite.
I have really large man wrists so cannot really find bangles that would fit me But it’s always fun to admire others’.

BTW, you cat avatar is adorable.

Hey! Thought I'd share this video from the Nephrite man in BilliBilli (might start calling him Nephrite man at this point :lol:) where he just uploaded a video of a stone pretending to be a golden variant of nephrite and he shows how resistant nephrite is to scratching. Could be very useful if you guys are ever scared but curious how hard nephrite is.

Actually, I stopped buying nephrite bangles cos of my doubts on resistance to scratching. This might convince me otherwise! Thanks so much for sharing! :biggrin:

Reactions: AJadecent Angle
Happy Monday Jadies! A statement double Ruyi ring I tried on at the shop over the weekend. It was way too big but the seller said it can be fitted with an inner gold ring to make it fit me. But of cos also cost more $$$ cos of the gold! Still drooling and dreaming. What do you ladies think? (Pardon my dry skin :P) View attachment 4998460

Oh I'm wary of rings that extend too much beyond my finger cos I'm not very careful. I'd be quite afraid of banging it anywhere

Reactions: VintageyGirl
Happy Monday Jadies! A statement double Ruyi ring I tried on at the shop over the weekend. It was way too big but the seller said it can be fitted with an inner gold ring to make it fit me. But of cos also cost more $$$ cos of the gold! Still drooling and dreaming. What do you ladies think? (Pardon my dry skin :P) View attachment 4998460
This is very pretty and quite unusual. I love how shiny it is and the carving is lovely.

Reactions: VintageyGirl
That square nephrite is beautiful! I think I’m one of the few that actually prefers nephrite over jadeite.
I have really large man wrists so cannot really find bangles that would fit me But it’s always fun to admire others’.

BTW, you cat avatar is adorable.
Thank you Boston. The guy that made this for me does do custom fit for people so if you are ever in the "need" to have a nephrite bangle, Allan Spehar from Jadedivers on Etsy will make a beautiful one for you. I never did like nephrite until I saw his creations. He even lets you choose your stone.
My cat avatar is the cat that stole my heart. He has gone over the rainbow bridge and I miss him very much. I do have another furchild now that I love just as much but wish he was still here too. They can really steal your heart. It is amazing how every cat has a different personality. I do feel blessed to have been given the opportunity to know both of them.

Actually, I stopped buying nephrite bangles cos of my doubts on resistance to scratching. This might convince me otherwise! Thanks so much for sharing! :biggrin:
Oh trust me when I say this, ever since I got a bundle of nephrite pieces off matsalice, I haven't seen them chip nor scratch even when I had one incident where a princess bangle got knocked alittle too hard on another hetian nephrite piece, and it still looked as good as new. :P
But hey on the bright side, nephrites are definitely more common and more fracture resistant.

Reactions: SmokieDragon
Oh I'm wary of rings that extend too much beyond my finger cos I'm not very careful. I'd be quite afraid of banging it anywhere
Funny enough, everytime I look at a jade carved into a ring, I would wanna wear it but can't cause how abnormally thin and long my fingers are, so they'd just dangle around without a care in the world. :lol:
Nowadays most rings in a size 9-10 just become a small fidgeting toy which is upsetting if I ever wanna wear it around. :sad:

Funny enough, everytime I look at a jade carved into a ring, I would wanna wear it but can't cause how abnormally thin and long my fingers are, so they'd just dangle around without a care in the world. :lol:
Nowadays most rings in a size 9-10 just become a small fidgeting toy which is upsetting if I ever wanna wear it around. :sad:

I’ve been wondering who can wear such large rings? Why cut it so large? Mind boggling

This is very pretty and quite unusual. I love how shiny it is and the carving is lovely.
Thank you ladies! I’m a size 8.5-9 myself but I love large rings haha. Jade rings are always made so big unless it’s set in gold and can be resized. True that it may bang and get chipped when it extends so much ;)