The JADE thread!

View attachment 4997612
This is my bangle (princess?) which I wear all the time. Love it. Just wanted to ask what are those whitish ‘impurities’ like cotton/snowflakes inside, do they have a name?

Yes, it looks like a princess. Not sure if those impurities have a name... I have some in my bluish green Burmese bangle now. The seller called it "white specks formation".

I also have a Guatemalan Blue bangle with such similar impurities and that seller called it "small white inclusions like snowflakes scattered throughout on the bangle, making it very pretty to look at..." - why don't we go with that nice description for your bangle? :biggrin:

Reactions: Deleted 698298
Snowflakes, that’s how I feel about them. They are so cute. Love my bangle and jade and would want to get more eventually but atm don’t fancy taking this one off and swap. I have another lower quality (not translucent as much) bangle but if I put them both on they clank, even with a spacer bracelet. And I just wanted to say that all your lovely jade bangles are true gems ;), feast for my eyes :smile:

View attachment 4997612
This is my bangle (princess?) which I wear all the time. Love it. Just wanted to ask what are those whitish ‘impurities’ like cotton/snowflakes inside, do they have a name?
The light green colour is so soothing to look at and the princess cut (totally cylindrical cross section) makes it look so refined and pretty I haven’t found my permanent bangle yet!

• Love
Reactions: Deleted 698298
With a mystic knot today.

I must say, I’ve been having a difficult time loading this and other threads ever since TPF came back after being down a day on Wednesday. I’ve had to switch to Chrome (from Firefox) on my Mac but I still need to load and reload till pictures and posts all show up. Anyone else having problems?

View attachment 4997509
I was having problems too. Had to switch from Safari to Chrome. Beautiful pendant.

Reactions: SmokieDragon
Hey! Thought I'd share this video from the Nephrite man in BilliBilli (might start calling him Nephrite man at this point :lol:) where he just uploaded a video of a stone pretending to be a golden variant of nephrite and he shows how resistant nephrite is to scratching. Could be very useful if you guys are ever scared but curious how hard nephrite is.

Hey! Thought I'd share this video from the Nephrite man in BilliBilli (might start calling him Nephrite man at this point :lol:) where he just uploaded a video of a stone pretending to be a golden variant of nephrite and he shows how resistant nephrite is to scratching. Could be very useful if you guys are ever scared but curious how hard nephrite is.
Fascinating to look at the raw rock. Reminds me of cheese slabs hehe

Happy Monday Jadies! A statement double Ruyi ring I tried on at the shop over the weekend. It was way too big but the seller said it can be fitted with an inner gold ring to make it fit me. But of cos also cost more $$$ cos of the gold! Still drooling and dreaming. What do you ladies think? (Pardon my dry skin :P) 418D50B2-6615-4415-B8A7-DAB69381DEAF.jpeg