The JADE thread!

View attachment 4944372
My first jade bangle arrived! As a total newbie didn’t even know how to choose a size, quality and price...Now I can tell that 57mm fits me really well, the shade of green I got (which has a bit more warmth in it than what photo shows) is so lovely, and the price was good too. It is a real Jadeite, by all means not pure and clear, yet pleasant to look at, surprisingly heavy and Im happy with my Etsy first ever jade bangle purchase! :smile:
View attachment 4944375
Here with aquamarine for comparison
What do you ladies think? What should be the idea behind jadeite bangle, is clarity really the ultimate goal or perhaps colour? Read somewhere that white jade is most common and cheapest. Please share you thoughts and don’t hold back;)

Congratulations on your first jade bangle! The green color complements your aquamarine nicely! It reminds me of spring and I'm already looking forward to it. :smile:

Reactions: Deleted 698298
View attachment 4944372
My first jade bangle arrived! As a total newbie didn’t even know how to choose a size, quality and price...Now I can tell that 57mm fits me really well, the shade of green I got (which has a bit more warmth in it than what photo shows) is so lovely, and the price was good too. It is a real Jadeite, by all means not pure and clear, yet pleasant to look at, surprisingly heavy and Im happy with my Etsy first ever jade bangle purchase! :smile:
View attachment 4944375
Here with aquamarine for comparison
What do you ladies think? What should be the idea behind jadeite bangle, is clarity really the ultimate goal or perhaps colour? Read somewhere that white jade is most common and cheapest. Please share you thoughts and don’t hold back;)
I usually go by what I like in terms of color first (ie. usually whites/light lavenders/apple greens are the shades I seem to gravitate towards). And if the bangle has the color I'm looking for AND has a finer grain texture AND is translucent AND doesn't have stone lines or chips, (and in the right price range), then it's a possible purchase!

Hi all! Hope everyone is settling into a calm weekend. My latest preloved pendant arrived recently. I havenʻt done any tests, so I donʻt know for sure about actual stone type or grade, but Iʻm super happy with it. It is slightly larger than I expected and nice and heavy. There are no makers marks or metal content marks, but the seller said it was sterling. I forgot to take a picture of it when it arrived, and I did polish it and it cleaned up nicely.

I think this might go into regular rotation. I rarely wear anything other than my monkey/ruyi pendant, but I adore this acquisition. :love:

TnmT3Gq.jpg

repost Monkey pendant

aLd7V3W.jpg

Hi all! Hope everyone is settling into a calm weekend. My latest preloved pendant arrived recently. I havenʻt done any tests, so I donʻt know for sure about actual stone type or grade, but Iʻm super happy with it. It is slightly larger than I expected and nice and heavy. There are no makers marks or metal content marks, but the seller said it was sterling. I forgot to take a picture of it when it arrived, and I did polish it and it cleaned up nicely.

I think this might go into regular rotation. I rarely wear anything other than my monkey/ruyi pendant, but I adore this acquisition. :love:

TnmT3Gq.jpg

repost Monkey pendant

aLd7V3W.jpg
Great find! I love the design and especially love jade and sterling! ❤
The etching in the silver is beautiful.

Reactions: Juju:)

TnmT3Gq.jpg

repost Monkey pendant

aLd7V3W.jpg
Hi, I'm new to this thread. Happy to have discovered it!! I love your carved monkey jade!! It reminds me of a Gumps piece!! They have wonderful wonderful jade. :loveeyes:

Reactions: Juju:)
I was gifted a beautiful jade bangle that I love but unfortunately fits me a little loose. Any ideas on how I can wear it without banging it or clinking on my watch?

Itʻs always nice to be gifted with jade!

With my largest bangles, I usually shove them up on my arm until they donʻt move, or I wear a bumper inbetween the 2 items (usually either a wood or plastic bracelet).

Went out for lunch today...took a shot of my bangle as the colour looks nice against my batik pants :smile:

One of my newly acquired pieces.
Love the honey yellow colour.

Your bangle does look great in that light! And I love the yellow on that piece, very bright and happy. Wear it in good health!