The JADE thread!

So sorry that happened to you. I am so glad everyone is ok, and baby purple is lovely.

Glad you're ok. I would have flipped if I saw a message like that. Are there many bomb shelters?

I am happy that you are ok, Junkenpo!!!

Sounds like a harrowing experience . Hope all is well . So lovely to see the gentle shade of purple against the backdrop of the bluey skies .

Thanks for the sympathies, all! It was harrowing.... one missile? More? Targeting all the islands, or just Oahu? Most of our population is on Oahu... I was at UH Manoa when 9/11 happened, and that was somber... but this was terrifying because it was so close to home. We have a strong military presence on Oahu, so the other thought is, can they shoot it out of the sky before it does (too much?) damage? And of course, the other thought is ... what type of ballistic missile? My understanding is they have a 10-30 mile radius, so that would pretty much reach almost short to shore on most parts of the islands. Since we were at home, we sheltered in place. After verification of the false alarm, watching all the vids of people reacting to the warning was very sobering.

Here's a picture of The Big Jade.... weighty and comforting.

4DylVLK.jpg

Thanks for the sympathies, all! It was harrowing.... one missile? More? Targeting all the islands, or just Oahu? Most of our population is on Oahu... I was at UH Manoa when 9/11 happened, and that was somber... but this was terrifying because it was so close to home. We have a strong military presence on Oahu, so the other thought is, can they shoot it out of the sky before it does (too much?) damage? And of course, the other thought is ... what type of ballistic missile? My understanding is they have a 10-30 mile radius, so that would pretty much reach almost short to shore on most parts of the islands. Since we were at home, we sheltered in place. After verification of the false alarm, watching all the vids of people reacting to the warning was very sobering.

Here's a picture of The Big Jade.... weighty and comforting.

4DylVLK.jpg

It’s crazy the level of fear this “mistake” caused unnecessarily. I’m glad you and the people of Hawaii are ok. [emoji847]
Big Jade is really big:smile: Love the colour and sharp edges are more unique. I don’t see that cutting too often.

So, the first bangle arrived today. It was a random color size pick one from uni_jade. The color is white and grey with a couple bright and dark green spots. It's actually very pretty and organic looking- like a nice hippie bangle, perfect for my mom. I am so happy to finally understand what the "chime" is and have expectations for weight and feel of a jade bangle now. I hadn't realized it sings almost like crystal or that it would feel so hefty.

20180116_220722.jpg 20180116_220656.jpg

I'm waiting on my sister's from gojade, which looks like it will be a very nice piece. I'm also waiting on mine from Maithong, which I'm a little apprehensive about after reading about possible non-A jade from the shop. I did order it with a cert, and didn't hear of any issues, plus the shop owner has been great so...? I don't know, guess I'll see. Any feedback regarding that would be appreciated. Thanks!