The JADE thread!

I just posted this on the reutable jade sellers list, but it seems slow, so is it ok to post here as well? Some of you may have had a similar experience. If it's not ok, I will delete:
Hi All, has anyone had any luck getting comeback from Ying Yu Jade? In ignorance, I bought two bangles from them recently, one supposedly "river jade" and one supposed to be nephrite. Neither of them are jade. The nephrite one scratches easily and looks like serpentine, also looks nothing like the photo. The other looks like agate. The one that looks like agate has a very badly repaired line that has been filled with epoxy. I live in the UK, so I think it would be difficult to claim against her. After receiving the bangles, I searched for reviews and found all the fraud complaints against her. I have lost a lot of money, and am now stuck with te bangles as i dont want to cheat somebody else, and they are worth little sold for what they really are.

I'm sorry to hear this JV. It is such a shame that there are dishonest sellers out there selling Jade. Hopefully you can get your money back but if not, the bad Jade karma is on her.

I'm sorry to hear this JV. It is such a shame that there are dishonest sellers out there selling Jade. Hopefully you can get your money back but if not, the bad Jade karma is on her.
Thanks JM. Well, I was green. I think most people probably make mistakes with jade before hitting on the right ones. Any thoughts about the lavender bangle on Etsy? The Maithong jewellery one please?

Thanks JM. Well, I was green. I think most people probably make mistakes with jade before hitting on the right ones. Any thoughts about the lavender bangle on Etsy? The Maithong jewellery one please?

It's true. Most of us have either been down right tricked or in my case paid more than what it's worth.
Which bangle? They are both from Maithing and both have lavender in them...maybe I'm missing something but let me know which one:smile:

Reactions: Jadevirgin
Hi Jadies!

I'm enjoying a quiet sunday evening and popped in to say hi.

Jadevirgin: again, nothing that sets off any alarms, but again, you never know unless you can see it yourself and/or get it tested. Something to consider...if size is an issue, you could also get an inexpensive jade bangle and have a jeweler hinge it. Some of the jadies here have had luck with custom work with churkworkshop on Etsy.

Here's Smoke saying Aloha to all!
rMlo9E6.jpg

Hi Jadies!

I'm enjoying a quiet sunday evening and popped in to say hi.

Jadevirgin: again, nothing that sets off any alarms, but again, you never know unless you can see it yourself and/or get it tested. Something to consider...if size is an issue, you could also get an inexpensive jade bangle and have a jeweler hinge it. Some of the jadies here have had luck with custom work with churkworkshop on Etsy.

Thank you for your kind help, Junkenpo. I'm glad it doesn't look suspicious to you. I'm in the UK, so it would become expensive sending something to the US for modification. I would pay customs and VAT on the item twice as well! Not many jewellers here do that kind of work.
I would prefer a solid bangle but can't get the correct size over my left wrist because of injury to that hand - the hand is too wide for the wrist now, so if i can get a bangle on, it slops around and hits my hand painfully.
I think I will go ahead and purchase this bangle. I'm very drawn to it. My cards say it would be a good purchase too. Also I will be paying by Paypal so will be covered if it turns out to be fake. The seller assures me all her jade is untreated.
Once again ladies, thank you for your advice. You are a mine of information and experience.

Ah, sorry. The first one. It really draws me. https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/498503757/grade-a-green-lavender-jadeite-jade
It isnt as lavender coloured as the other, but I really like it

JV I think the bangle looks great and does not set off any alarm bells for me either but the only way to truly know is testing. I like that the bangle has broken ice and the lavender is more cool / grey toned. Do you think you will get it?
edit - just read that you have decided to go for it :smile: I'm excited for you - please post pics when you receive it!

JV I think the bangle looks great and does not set off any alarm bells for me either but the only way to truly know is testing. I like that the bangle has broken ice and the lavender is more cool / grey toned. Do you think you will get it?
edit - just read that you have decided to go for it :smile: I'm excited for you - please post pics when you receive it!
Thank you jademommy. Yes, for some reason I preferred it to the other hinged lavender one - the colour on that was more striking, yet the one I've gone for is the one that called to me. I certainly will post pics. Very excited. But, having just read on this thread about how the jade is mined, I might go for vintage in future!