The JADE thread!

View attachment 5993314View attachment 5993315View attachment 5993316View attachment 5993317
Hi! My 2 new-in carved bangles :smile: the multi colour one is really a work of art with all the intricate carvings of phoenixes and peonies 💚💚 they are actually way bigger than my normal size but I just couldn’t resist so I’m wearing them high on my arm 😁
Such beautiful carvings. They are so pretty to look at when worn and must be so nice to stroke when our fingers need a little massage :biggrin:

• Love
Reactions: VintageyGirl
what I have been doing on jade purchase:

As shared, I buy some from slabs. This means after the bangle is cut out, I’m left with slab remain, that belongs to me which I can get them carved if I want.

This is one of them. These are all carved from the same slab. I tell master carver what I want and he will draw on the slab to see what’s possible. After carved, he also will do the jewelry setting according to my designs (or he can recommend). These, I choose 925 (au750 is available as well). Haven’t decide to keep them or gifting them.

IMG_8346.jpeg

This is one of my fav bangles. Slim oval; easy wear.

IMG_8351.jpeg

Some pendants made.

IMG_8352.jpegIMG_8353.jpeg

Asked for 5 clovers to be carved to be made into small cute pendant for my sisters and daughter. But after discussing with the master, we ditched it and instead transformed into a bracelet.

IMG_8354.jpegIMG_8357.jpeg

And earrings. But I don’t really wear earrings so likely these will go :biggrin:

IMG_8359.jpeg

I have had few other old slabs that I’ve already transformed them to either beads (for bracelet), some hanging ornaments, and even paper weight! lol because I ran out of idea what to do with them. They are quite weighty already in this size.

IMG_8363.jpeg

Last edited:

As shared, I buy some from slabs. This means after the bangle is cut out, I’m left with slab remain, that belongs to me which I can get them carved if I want.

This is one of them. These are all carved from the same slab. I tell master carver what I want and he will draw on the slab to see what’s possible. After carved, he also will do the jewelry setting according to my designs (or he can recommend). These, I choose 925 (au750 is available as well). Haven’t decide to keep them or gifting them.

View attachment 6002621

View attachment 6002629

Some pendants made.

View attachment 6002630View attachment 6002631

Asked for 5 clovers to be carved to be made into small cute pendant for my sisters and daughter. But after discussing with the master, we ditched it and instead transformed into a bracelet.

View attachment 6002636View attachment 6002637

And earrings. But I don’t really wear earrings so likely these will go :biggrin:

View attachment 6002639

I have had few other old slabs that I’ve already transformed them to either beads (for bracelet), some hanging ornaments, and even paper weight! lol because I ran out of idea what to do with them. They are quite weighty already in this size.

View attachment 6002645
Thanks for sharing @Purrsey ! This is so amazing and so interesting to know that it’s possible to purchase a whole jade slab! (Although I’m guessing it will definitely be outside of my budget)

Reactions: Cool Breeze
Thanks for sharing @Purrsey ! This is so amazing and so interesting to know that it’s possible to purchase a whole jade slab! (Although I’m guessing it will definitely be outside of my budget)
A slab sounds big but it’s actually pretty small piece. I don’t think it’s extravagant expensive. Sometimes they run some offer hour where they price it like buy-bangle-free-slab. So far mine, i don’t see it as I paid for the remain jade slab.

Reactions: Cool Breeze
@caruava @kartier @sunsetbayy thank you very much.

My bespoke is from IG LittleJadeiteHouse located in Singapore

Bangles are from a china live sale in youtube. They sell straight from the jade factories (from raw slabs). They have 3 sessions a day all day long, thus the danger lol. You can PM me if you're comfortable to converse with them in Chinese.
I have other SG that love littlejadeitehouse too! You have the best pieces. I don't have any jade myself, but love seeing them on others.

Reactions: Purrsey

View attachment 6002621

View attachment 6002629

Some pendants made.

View attachment 6002630View attachment 6002631

View attachment 6002636View attachment 6002637

View attachment 6002639

View attachment 6002645
Wow. Good idea with the motif bracelet, I think it's more of a statement with the 5 motifs together. It's lovely.

Are earrings heavy? And I love those slabs.