The JADE thread!

Love :heart: I’m looking for something like that. Red flecks on a white base! One seller calls it 鸿运当头. Which I thought is such a poetic name for such a bangle haha. Haven’t had much luck yet. I saw one but I think the base colour is faint green rather than white. Let me know if you spot any! :P

initially when I bought it , my hubby name it char Siew bao ! because he says the red dot reminds him of the red dot on baos we eat at dim sum place . But I shall call it ah dot ! Haha since char Siew bao is quite a mouthful. (For jade sisters who dunno what a char Siew bao is , look below )354425BF-CC77-446E-9E08-40B758233A81.jpeg

if I see one , I shall let u know . My friend initially wanted to buy one from my hk seller . But it’s too small for her . What’s your size ?

Is this your picture or the seller’s ? If it’s how it looks in real life . It’s quite pretty and clean .

I think it’s more reliable to look at them In natural lighting . Yeah studio shots have very bright lights that might give it a glow .

your creamy white bangle reminds me of a creamy white one I have , except mine come with a scattering of red dots . And yours is more translucent and cleaner . Mine has a bit of clouds that’s not easily pick up in pictures .View attachment 5013356View attachment 5013357

I love those orange/red spots!:loveeyes:

• Haha
Reactions: berniechocolate
This indeed looks like the one I’m thinking of. Looks good (esp when paired with your FOPEs :biggrin: ) Do you wear the black side or green side showing more often or does it just slide around? Haha. I love green jade but I tend to be worried about it looking aging or old fashioned and less versatile hence the over-thinking :P

Thanks so much! This one is slightly on the bigger side at 58.1mm so it does tend to slide around. For example, the current tri-coloured one that I'm wearing is 57.5mm but that stays in 1 place unless I move it. So I can have the dark side to match with dark clothing, as you suggested :biggrin: Can't believe the extra 0.6mm makes such a difference haha. Somehow I don't think green is ageing

Reactions: VintageyGirl
Yes I bought my White princess, glutinous icy D bangle and the icy cabochon earrings from Justin. I’m in Singapore so I was able to sight the pieces and also get them certified by NGI before paying in full for them. So I sighted the two bangles in person then made another appt to view them again before confirming. I paid a deposit as I wanted him to take them to NGI for certification. He did and then met me again to pass me the bangles and certs. I think the Instagram photos make the items look good. But it’s always better to see in person. My only issue with him is I have asked to see in daylight but he keeps choosing cafes (he has no physical shop) where there’s no natural daylight. He does oblige with photos and videos though but again those were not taken in natural light.

Personally I think the photos you showed are quite true to your actual pieces :smile: it’s hard to get the picture totally exactly the same as the actual. Even UJ natural light pictures look slightly nicer than actual IMO.

I hope you grow to love your pieces. Sometimes you need to wear them for a bit to form a connection with them :smile:

I also have a few pieces from Justin and I agree with you. But then, all sellers do try to show the best of their products.

@GlitterEyebags So I’m contemplating this piece from Justin. He named it Peppermint which I think is so apt for the colour. Here are the photos from Instagram and the photos he sent me. Looks a little different. I have yet to see it in person as still considering whether I want a full black/icy one or black/green. The Instagram photos definitely make it look better. Though he will send you more “true” photos when asked

View attachment 5013465View attachment 5013466View attachment 5013467View attachment 5013468
I also want something like that! But have been struggling to find one in my size. I think the main thing is to see the jade bangles in person. A lot of my online purchases have ended up in disappointment.

initially when I bought it , my hubby name it char Siew bao ! because he says the red dot reminds him of the red dot on baos we eat at dim sum place . But I shall call it ah dot ! Haha since char Siew bao is quite a mouthful. (For jade sisters who dunno what a char Siew bao is , look below )View attachment 5013647

if I see one , I shall let u know . My friend initially wanted to buy one from my hk seller . But it’s too small for her . What’s your size ?
Char siew bao LOL! I’m around 51-53. I know that’s a big range in the jade world haha. Currently my round D is 53.5. Princess is 52 ish. But I found I can squeeze into 48 on my left!! So I believe I should be able to wear 51. Let me know if you come across one that’s my size! Many thanks!

Since someone requested for a jade family photo, this is my current collection :biggrin:

68F74E1F-2BF5-4BDD-BE05-F9EE02C4766B.jpegThese are my rings. I rotate them on a regular basis, though the oval cabuchon gets the most love.

3E8B1D69-8B8E-4B23-B7A6-824AA346B9A4.jpeg
My pendants, missing one jade lock because I’m wearing it.

1FFCD238-8F11-4F12-9768-71BEE84A3BFC.jpeg
I wear these bangles on a regular rotational basis, and...

323E6401-DB3F-4C7D-B839-6927F75EE76F.jpeg
DDC8D4EE-72D3-4486-8EE3-678D9076ED30.jpeg
FDFAF9B7-52DE-4B01-AD90-BE0A9C77035D.jpeg
These are in long-term storage. They tend to the ones I bought when I first started loving jadeite. They are still lovely, but I am considering selling them away very soon.
image.jpg
and these are my beads.

Please tell me if I have a problem haha. I always wonder if I saved the money from getting cheap stuff to get one high quality bangle, I think I’ll be a lot happier.

What do you think?

Looks unique and pretty . Does he allow viewing . As much as possible ask for daylight videos . So u get a good idea what it looks like in natural lighting . I like green . But I find that with green one needs to dress for it because I m so casual .

It’s hard to carry off green for me . But if you are a dressy person who likes sundresses and dresses up for work . Green is very elegant & regal .
Yes he allows for viewing. I prefer to buy after seeing in person as I think jade can look different on photos vs IRL and it also looks diff when you wear it. May look nice on photos but doesn’t look nice on me. I always admire green jade on others. And green is my fav colour. I think lighter greens are easier to carry off, more neutral.

Reactions: GlitterEyebags
Yes he allows for viewing. I prefer to buy after seeing in person as I think jade can look different on photos vs IRL and it also looks diff when you wear it. May look nice on photos but doesn’t look nice on me. I always admire green jade on others. And green is my fav colour. I think lighter greens are easier to carry off, more neutral.
Actually, what you need to do is try on the different shades of green, and choose one that you like the most. I think green definitely is a universal colour suited for most occasions and outfits.

Since someone requested for a jade family photo, this is my current collection :biggrin:

View attachment 5013767These are my rings. I rotate them on a regular basis, though the oval cabuchon gets the most love.

View attachment 5013784

View attachment 5013773

View attachment 5013774
View attachment 5013776
View attachment 5013777
These are in long-term storage. They tend to the ones I bought when I first started loving jadeite. They are still lovely, but I am considering selling them away very soon.
View attachment 5013783
and these are my beads.

Please tell me if I have a problem haha. I always wonder if I saved the money from getting cheap stuff to get one high quality bangle, I think I’ll be a lot happier.

What do you think?
What a big collection! I have also sold off my earlier lower quality or grade B bangles. Haha. I like the pink ones in your long term storage collection :smile:

View attachment 5013767These are my rings. I rotate them on a regular basis, though the oval cabuchon gets the most love.

View attachment 5013784

View attachment 5013773

View attachment 5013774
View attachment 5013776
View attachment 5013777
View attachment 5013783
and these are my beads.

What do you think?

I think that you have a number of beautiful rings, pendants and lavender bangles :biggrin: I think you really love jadeite so it will be hard to have just 1 bangle. Also, the fear of anything happening to that bangle will be so great. You are a collector! :biggrin:

Reactions: geroithe
View attachment 5013796the cabuchon earrings are from him and i love them a lot! If you refer to my jade family photo, the ruyi lock is from him. I also have a lock pendant that I’m wearing now. Will share later.
What a big collection! I have also sold off my earlier lower quality or grade B bangles. Haha. I like the pink ones in your long term storage collection :smile:
How did you sell them off? Teach me senpai!

• Haha
Reactions: GlitterEyebags