the JADE thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I don't know if any of you remember but I posted about this bangle before asking for your opinions as to whether it was worth buying or not. I decided that I was not going to buy it but later changed my mind. I just received it in the mail today and wanted to share with everyone.

I got it from jojo. Dimensions are 48x16x5mm and I was only able to bargain it down to 750USD.

Here are the seller's pics

Wow! You have very petite hands, any chance of a modeling pic?

Here are my pics

I absolutely LOVE this bangle, and am very glad that I got it. BTW, it looks better in real life =). My camera isn't that great.

The surface is very smooth, although I haven't been able to look at it with my loupe yet (I forgot to bring my loupe home from school). It's a lot smoother and looks like it doesn't have any scratches or dents. It has the best surface out of the 4 bangles that I've bought so far.

It's a great color and translucence, It looks very smooth. When I get a new bangle I tend to roll it around in my hands more than wear it for the first few days.

Wow! You have very petite hands, any chance of a modeling pic?

It's a great color and translucence, It looks very smooth. When I get a new bangle I tend to roll it around in my hands more than wear it for the first few days.

Jkp, is your yukon snow on its way too? Sorry i ve missed parts of the thread. Thought you were considering some princess round ones?

Jkp, is your yukon snow on its way too? Sorry i ve missed parts of the thread. Thought you were considering some princess round ones?

He has just started carving my YS, he says he have the rough cut out. I asked him to shape mine into a princess round shape. I'm curious how that will affect the light return when worn compared to the D shape bangles.

I also just got 2 very thin princess rounds from Ultimate Jadeite. They match the first Princess very well.

If the seller doesn't sell it to someone else in the next month, hopefully I will add the red-yellow carved bangle I linked awhile back. I'm saving up for it. :biggrin:

B jade pics
这是高B,其实也是B货,
只是品质好一点的B货而已,
但不是八三玉,八三玉大多是新种,颗粒粗,,,
但这个不是,他本身的才质还可以,种也挺老的,
但是很张,很多黑,现在就很黑了,你可以想象一下,
没有 B过之前有多黑,这个B货只是浸酸了一下,
再注胶,就很漂亮了,而且很具有欺骗性,
所以他要卖八九百,一般的B货100远就可以买到了,
This is a high B,
But not eighty-three jade, jade eighty-three mostly new species, coarse,,,
But this is not his only quality itself can also be planted quite old,
But it is a lot of black, and now it is dark, you can imagine,
How Black B had not previously,
Inject glue, very beautiful, and very deceptive.

Attachments

• 1834327v8r8v9zv29w8v4q.jpg
    1834327v8r8v9zv29w8v4q.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 519
  • 183434m8xm1upf68jjfz2f.jpg
    183434m8xm1upf68jjfz2f.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 514
  • 183436t11g4to4o8j4pbya.jpg
    183436t11g4to4o8j4pbya.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 517
don't let them fool u with color polishing bangle !!
more learning from this link http://www.jadewd.com/thread-371592-1-1.html
看到一手镯子,绿得很亮,,,
细仔一看,,上面全都是抛光粉,,,拍下来给大家看看,共同学习一下,
See first-hand bracelets, very bright green,,,
Aberdeen look fine, above all is polishing powder, shoot down for everyone to see, together to learn about,
看到没有绿色的点点就是抛光粉,,,抛光粉问题,我觉得都是故意的,,
都是为了让镯子好看一些,,更绿一些,,说严重一些,,这些镯子都 是人工处理,,,
都可以当做B+C了,,有人说洗洗抛光粉就掉了,,就是A货了,,,是,,你说的是,,,
但是我当初,花的钱,是买你有抛光粉效果的镯子的钱,,,现在镯子没有以前好看了,,,
你这当然是期炸了啊,,,,所以各位亲,,,有抛光粉的镯,,不能买,,
还有的,,,你买好了,,不能做证书,,你去找他,,,他说他能做,,他帮你做,,
,各位亲,,请不要让他帮你做,,一定要他退钱,,,因为抛光粉处理的方法是,,,
,把你的镯子放到水里渚一渚,,,,抛光粉自然就下来了,,,但肯定没有以前漂亮了,
,亲们,,,这都是我血淋淋的教训啊,,,,很多钱的啊,
See no little green is polishing powder , polishing powder , I think that is intentional ,
Some are looking to make bracelets , greener , and said more serious cases , these bracelets are handled manually ,,,
Can be used as B + C , and , some say polishing powder will wash out , that is A cargo , and, yes, you say that, , ,
But I had to spend the money , you have to buy bracelets money polishing powder effect , and now there is no previous bracelets look good ,,,
with bracelet polishing powder , and can not buy ,
There , you bought , the certificate can not be done , and you find him , he says he can do , he can help you do it ,
please do not let him help you do it , he must refund , because the method of polishing powder processing is ,
, Put your bracelet into the water a Nagisa Nagisa ,,,, polishing powder down naturally , but certainly not before the beautiful,
, Pro, , , this is my bloody lesson ah ,,,, a lot of money , ah,

Attachments

• 2309598yqvwh72hq9bq772.jpg
    2309598yqvwh72hq9bq772.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 509
  • 2310032dlsoa8puu6x297h.jpg
    2310032dlsoa8puu6x297h.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 512
  • 231007lncsqucadswbdnrg.jpg
    231007lncsqucadswbdnrg.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 508
  • 231015uogcoz4smnu3z3gl.jpg
    231015uogcoz4smnu3z3gl.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 510
B or B+C under 10x magnify

Attachments

• 225250lsl5y1oslsoosslr.jpg.thumb.jpg
    225250lsl5y1oslsoosslr.jpg.thumb.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 496
  • 225255n4fucytd1nv4u480.jpg.thumb.jpg
    225255n4fucytd1nv4u480.jpg.thumb.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 501
  • 225319ql8mei7jihgfhfju.jpg.thumb.jpg
    225319ql8mei7jihgfhfju.jpg.thumb.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 497
  • 225337d92c99c9tz9d6wl9.jpg.thumb.jpg
    225337d92c99c9tz9d6wl9.jpg.thumb.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 503
Berniechocolate, I don't think it would be dangerous at all. Because nephrite is a tad softer ( half a Moh's scale point) it is easier to cut then jadeite. BUT, it is half a point tougher, meaning than it is less likely then jadeite to break if dropped or knocked. It's interesting to think about the difference between hardness and toughness. Nephrite is not as brittle as jadeite because the crystals are long and slender, like hairs. This allows for a better absorbtion of shock/impact waves. Also creates a different kind of luminous quality then one sees in jadeite.

To demonstrate the idea of increased toughness through crystal structure, think of a freeway bridge. They are reinforced with long bands of steel in either concrete or cement (forget which of these is more flexible). Anyway, this is so that the bridges can flex and sway and will not give way and crack in a stiff and brittle manner. It's the same idea with the nephrite crystal structure vs. the jadeite structure. Jadeite is harder and more brittle. Nephrite is slightly softer and tougher.

All that said, nephrite might scuff more easily then jadeite, but I don't know yet. No scuffs on mine yet. Besides, there is always the option of sending it back to Allan for a re polish! Yay!

Very informative.

Did u notice any differences with your yukon bangle after wearing it for a while? Like jadetite will improve in looks with frequent wear, is nephrite the same as well?

The surface is very smooth, although I haven't been able to look at it with my loupe yet (I forgot to bring my loupe home from school). It's a lot smoother and looks like it doesn't have any scratches or dents. It has the best surface out of the 4 bangles that I've bought so far.

I attached some other pictures. Two of them showing the translucence of it, you can see my finger behind. It has really nice texture, better than what I was expecting (although it is only 5mm thick). I think if it was thicker it would still have nice translucence.
One thing that I was surprised about it, was that it does not have an even thickness, I tried my best to show the unevenness in the last picture (top left). But it isn't something that really bothers me.

Just a side note: I've been soaking it in water for about an hour now, and it has become noticeably heavier.

I'm going to be sending it to be tested by EGL Canada (just to be on the safe side) which will take about 2 weeks.

This is lovely. The unevenness is not noticeable. Congrats on getting a beautiful bangle!

Do you wear three on one arm? I tried wearing my two bangles today and I felt like a gypsy and so noisy haha! I totally get what your daughter is saying about heading you coming!! ;)

Haha....usually I wear 2 only when I wear long sleeve so that no can will see how crazy I am with jade. When I wear more than one bangle, I usually try to wear it carefully so that they won't be banging onto each other and make all those noises. :biggrin:
But when I get into my car and start driving...I roll up my sleeve a bit so that I can see them all while driving (yes...my eyes are still on the road). Everytime they lightly bang on each other...they make the most beautiful chime sound... gosh ..I love it!

Faithgrace, that should give you enough time to save enough $$$ for a very nice bangle. I wish I could join you for the jade hunt...I bet it would be fun!

LOL...hubby cooked the CNY dinner last Friday...he is very happy with his stove and all... :P He made abalone with lettuce, sticky rice with preserved sausages and steamed chicken... drooling just talking about it..

Sounds yummy. I love those preserved sausages. Totally unhealthy but so delicious

Dynasty, i'm glad u bought your red bangle from Jojo. It is so beautiful! I think usd 1200 is an ok price bcos such a colour combination is rare. Looking forward to your modelling shots!

Status
Not open for further replies.