The IT bags of 2013-2014

IT bags: Givenchy Antigona (high end) Michael Kors Selma (lower end)
OUT bags: Celine luggage (high end) Alexander Wang Rocco (low end)

I absolutely agree with you about the Michael Kors Selma. It was their Hamilton bag that I saw on so many people a year ago. Now it's the Selma. What surprises me is how people think it's a Michael Kors original design, although it's completely ripped off Reed Krakoff (which is inspired by the Celine Luggage). I wonder who Michael Kors will copy for their next "It" bag, since his designs seem to have little originality now.

how do you ladies define an "IT" bag? Is it the most seen/popular bag of the year? Is it the most trendy of the year or the bag that came out last year that defines that year in handbag fashion and is destined to be a classic? I have seen both references to trendy bags (Celine luggage) as well as bags women believe will be classics (antigona, 2jours etc)

Great hearing your views!!

I think some it bags like the spy and paddington gradually disappear.. And some others - like the Chanel boy and hopefully the Celine trapeze - become classics.

It's hard to know in the moment though - what will become classic and what will disappear into our wardrobes, never to be taken out again!!!

And speaking of classics, I think Dior's new Diorissimo is one... It's very similar to the Prada saffiano tote, another it bag thats becoming a classic, but the leather feels more luxurious, it has that elegant slouch and it's definitely seen less than the Prada.. So for me, it's bypassed being an it bag and gone straight to being a classic..

What do you think?

Great hearing your views!!

I think some it bags like the spy and paddington gradually disappear.. And some others - like the Chanel boy and hopefully the Celine trapeze - become classics.

It's hard to know in the moment though - what will become classic and what will disappear into our wardrobes, never to be taken out again!!!

And speaking of classics, I think Dior's new Diorissimo is one... It's very similar to the Prada saffiano tote, another it bag thats becoming a classic, but the leather feels more luxurious, it has that elegant slouch and it's definitely seen less than the Prada.. So for me, it's bypassed being an it bag and gone straight to being a classic..

What do you think?
I totally agree about the Diorissimo. However the price of the bag has put me off buying one (5K is the one I want). I would have happily spent 3-4, but going into the 5 is pushing it for me since it is a bag lol

IT bags: Givenchy Antigona (high end) Michael Kors Selma (lower end)
OUT bags: Celine luggage (high end) Alexander Wang Rocco (low end)

Agree about the ITs, and would also add the Prada saffiano which is slowly making its way to the classics list. The Chanel boy is certainly already on the classics shelf. I have also noticed a high trend towards mini bags; the lv alma BB being one of the top ones.
Not so sure about the OUTs.. The ones you mentioned are not my fav bags but i can see they have a strong following. Only time will show!

Hi there bags lovers! I can see there was quite a discussion about Celine Trapeze bags. I was wondering if any of you ladies could tell me if they do them all in suede? I know they have it with suede flap or suede sides but not sure if i could get one all in suede? I would really appreciate your reply;) have a great evening! :heart:

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

I think the high end it bags that will continue to dominate 2014 is Givenchy Antigona and Celine Trapeze
On the lower end range it seems new up and coming stars could be the Everlane Petra and Coach Borough.

For high end I would agree that is has to be the Givenchy Antigona and for contemporary designs I think it would be the Michael Kors Selma, both are in my wish list :smile:

Sent from my iPad using PurseForum