The "Is That Real?" Club

I used to get this quite a lot from people at work when I first started out with the firm, but now they all know cause most often I would come back from lunch carrying a big parcel from Chanel, Gucci, Fendi, LV, etc. Also I always put the receipts in the inside pocket of each bag in case a situation like this arises outside.

I was sitting at Caribou Coffee during the middle school after school rush when I noticed a group of young girls looking in my direction. When I looked at them one of the girls yelled "Is that a real Louis Vuitton?" half way across the coffee shop. Not kidding, this girl made such a scene that nearly everyone in the store was looking at my tulum pm.

Another day at Caribou I was sitting at a table near the register with my white lodge pm and a girl came in and was staring at my purse. After she paid, she walked by me and it was obvious that she was trying to get me to notice her FAKE black mc pti. Did she not know that she had a fake, or did she think that mine had to of been fake too?? It was pretty funny.

What's even more funny is that my husband works in Customer Service and comes home almost everyday with stories of all the FAKE LV bags he sees. Nobody around here carries authentic LV. In the last 6 months I've only seen 4 authentic bags. I've never seen anybody with an authentic multicolor bag....seriously, never.

I'm so glad I have a forum like this to visit. (I'm finally starting to post....after visiting everyday, sometimes more than one time, for 10 months.) Atleast I can obsess with you all:graucho:

once I was walking through the mall, and a man from a kiosk looks at me and goes "is that real?" :shocked: which shocked me because you barely ever hear people that work kiosks ask you anything other than "oh hi, can I see your nails?" "can I clean your jewelery?" etc.. I just said it's very real and continued walking...

and! I work with a woman who would never dream of spending more than $50 on a bag - she does, however, buy bags that retailed at one time for $$$ but she gets them at Marshalls or TJMaxx. Anyway, I had JUST gotten my Mono Speedy 25 and was absolutely smitten with it (still am!) :heart: and the woman was talking to another coworker and mentioned something about a fake bag "just like that one" and pointed to mine! :wtf: I said oh no, that's not fake, that's 100% real and her jaw dropped to the ground like I had just told her I was a mass murderer or something. I can't believe some people!!

Reactions: APhiJill
Flash forward, now I usually do not really care if people look, point, think whatever...
But DH notices it. He gets a kick out of it and supports my addiction.
He's always whispering or speaking to me under his breath that he eyes some jealous ladies. :roflmfao:

uhmm... maybe he should carry it since he's having more fun and enjoys the gawking!
^^That's so funny! My husband does the same thing!

We'll be out shopping or eating or whatever, and he'll whisper with an exaggerated French accent, "those ladies/girls/people were totally checking out you and your Louis Vuitton!" and I swear he gets such a kick out of it! ::roflmfao: And I am usually oblivious to the stares!

I've never been asked "ITR" but I get a lot of "great bag!" or "beautiful bag" compliments from both female and male passersby!

Right now im Using my Mini Lin Speedy and one of my coworkers asks me.... Is that Real? Ive never seen this one. But i Like it (like the material) . I said yes its REal . And that was it. She knows im always broke because i buy LV with my Paychecks... hehehe

I think it's just a rumor. I posted in another thread about how I was in an LV boutique and a woman came in trying to return a fake MC speedy. Once they told her it was fake and she picked her face up off the floor, she went to look around the store. So they didn't throw her out. And I asked an SA in a SAKS once about that and she said they don't kick people out who come in with fakes. She said they can't.

I asked my SA what happens when people bring fakes in. He told me they let them know it isn't real and some just leave and others get mad. But they have never thrown them out because it is fake.

Now in France it is a different story.

I used to get this quite a lot from people at work when I first started out with the firm, but now they all know cause most often I would come back from lunch carrying a big parcel from Chanel, Gucci, Fendi, LV, etc. Also I always put the receipts in the inside pocket of each bag in case a situation like this arises outside.

OMG, I keep the receipts in each bag too. LOL

But I have yet to be asked.

As an avid tennis player, I have the Louis Vuitton Sac Tennis which goes with me to every match, and on all of my out of town trips. Of all of my Louis, it's the only piece I don't mind getting a little beat up. Almost daily (yep - I play that much), people ask me if it's real, mostly because they don't see them at the boutiques. I got it here at the Houston Galleria store about 4 years ago, and I think they are sold out everywhere with the exception of a few left at the LV boutique in Vegas. It is quite pricey for a tennis/duffle bag, but I highly recommend it to any tennis playing Louis lover!

Hey guys. I am about to buy my first and only LV products. A manhattan PM and matching koala wallet. I have read these posts about people being rude regarding authenticity. They have no right! I get offended when people ask about my engagement ring! Anyone have any snappy replies for people that ask ITR? I don't think I'll mind if they ask in a friendly way, but if I get any accusatory comments, I am likely to explode, considering that my 2 purchases will reach just over 2000$AUD.
Cheers in advance kids!!!
xxx

ugh i've never been asked that! luckily no one has had the audacity and rudeness to say that to me! but i'm certainly prepared with more than a few comeback replies if i ever am! i'm sorry, but in defense of my bags, there is a time to be equally catty to such rude people!

Oh man this is soo weird.. One of my officemates asked me where do I get my FAKE LV HANDBAGS because she used to see me with a lot of LVs in the past.. She even asked.. "China?!" or "Ordered somewhere?!" *Dang!* If she's not my friend's mom.. I would have shout at him sooo loud that my bags are real!!

Hello All, I am new to this forum and I think I finally found a new home. I am just like Peace43 and many of you, I get MAD everytime I see someone with a fake LV. All of my friends just laugh at my expression everytime I see someone with a fake bag walking proudly by!!!!! They just don't understand!

Reactions: APhiJill
3 times while I was at sale registers, the person behind the counter has asked me if my black MC pochette was real.
One of those times the woman actually asked me why my bag didn't have a bow.

Another bag, another story...

I was at a sales counter with my CB Pap, and the woman behind the counter was in aw of my bag... so much so that she asked me to stay at the counter so she could bring the other women over to see it.
It felt really creepy, but at least she was admiring it and not giving me an ITR.