The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Many of you might know that The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus is Heath Ledger's last movie, but he died before the filming of his scenes was complete. :crybaby:

Anyway, rather than call of the movie or recast, the directors chose to four actors for the role- Heath, Colin, Farrel, Jude Law, and Johnny Depp. :graucho: I think this was a really good choice, personally.

I was watching E News last night :shame: and heard the sweetest thing. Colin, Jude, and Johnny are donating 100% of their salaries from the movie to Heath's daughter Matilda!!! How awesome is that? I know they can afford to lose one paycheck (even though it would be a LARGE one to lose), but a lot of actors probably would not be so generous. The director of the movie said he was so touched and has never seen anything ike this before.

Just thought I'd share. You can read about the movie here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1054606/ :smile:

2. That is too sweet! There are few celebs out there who would be that generous. I know for a fact that Johnny does similar things once in a while, but I certainly wouldn't have expected it from Colin Farrell. Way to go!!

3. ^ ITA. I expected nothing less of my Johnny. :smile:

It is so refreshing to hear nice stories like this after always hearing all of the stories of affairs, greed, drugs, and whatever else!

4. Looks like I scooped Perez Hilton! :lol:

Touching Tribute

[​IMG]
    perezhilton.com