The "I think this is sort of amusing" Hermes Thread ...

docride

Vache Vixen
O.G.
Jun 28, 2007
OK, Now lets try this on for size...now be nice to everyone..OK?

OK, I think this is sort of amusing about Hermes' collar de chien (as cool as they are and they are cool) I mean who but Hermes could market this? Hermes has gotten most of us dying to wear fancy dog collars! And pay top dollar to do it;) To someone not in the know, this line may look like upscale S & M wear?:amuse:

ps>I don't dislike this line..I just found it amusing when i thought about it...

Anyone else????

Whom but Hermes could have us waiting on a list to buy the perfect animal $1150-1550 change purse! LOL! I mean who but H-fanatics would spend that amount of money on a change purse??? Isn't kind of amusing that many of us will have no change left to put into the thing after buying it??? LOL!

PS> ...done that been there...3x! Now that's nuts...

Last edited:
I actually very nearly didn't buy mine for this exact reason! I thought it might look like something a goth would buy from a market!!! :lol:

I think it all depends on what you wear it with and you will definitely look fantastic in yours! Will go wonderfully with those pinky cashmere Joseph sweaters...

I agree I though so too, now I am dying to have one. Mooks looks so awesome on her!
I loved hearing the story behind them from my SA. It's classic "H"! I agree with classic
twist about what you are wearing with it.

I've have had mine for almost 10 years. It was the 1st H thing I ever owned. Good or bad it has defined my H collection and probably a lot of other black ad gold purchases besides:s

Now I've seen the lizard PHD...:drool:...

Could be a whole new wardrobe:nuts:

Docride, I KNOW! That's my exact thought everytime I see a CDC. But it sure is gorgeous....it's not something I covet because I can't wear it on my right arm because of typing a lot or on my left because of my watch and bracelets, but it's a beautiful piece.

I can see it now, Hermes markets an S and M line and hundreds of tPF'ers stand in line for it....

Docride, I KNOW! That's my exact thought everytime I see a CDC. But it sure is gorgeous....it's not something I covet because I can't wear it on my right arm because of typing a lot or on my left because of my watch and bracelets, but it's a beautiful piece.

I can see it now, Hermes markets an S and M line and hundreds of tPF'ers stand in line for it....

I wanna know were is the line for the Dom's? Hmm? I guess you have to ransack the saddle dept. crops and H-boots etc...LOL

:roflmfao::roflmfao:Sooo funny, but so true Doc!

I love CdC's and even have taken to wearing the all silver version on my left wrist stacked above a men's size yacht-master. But then the (sort of :P) compliment that I receive most from my friends is "Gee, I could never wear that, but it looks great on you"! Another reason why I need my tpf friends LOL.

Also love jewelry with snake motifs..but that is probably another story!

Last edited:
I've always thought that the CDC would look a bit S&M on me too, but then I see it on others and think, wow - gorgeous and so stylish!

And I never realized that Hermes had "these tendencies" since the late 30's or early 40's or whenever the CDC was first introduced.

And as far as where the line for the Dom's is kept, doc, there just might be a secret backroom at Hermes we've never seen. Probably requires a secret password to get in.

I've always thought that the CDC would look a bit S&M on me too, but then I see it on others and think, wow - gorgeous and so stylish!

And I never realized that Hermes had "these tendencies" since the late 30's or early 40's or whenever the CDC was first introduced.

And as far as where the line for the Dom's is kept, doc, there just might be a secret backroom at Hermes we've never seen. Probably requires a secret password to get in.

Isn't the story behing the CdC cuff that it was designed so that a dog leash coud be clipped onto the ring on the front of the cuff? Or maybe it was intended to leash up something (or someone) else :graucho::graucho:

Whom but Hermes could have us waiting on a list to buy the perfect animal $1150-1550 change purse! LOL! I mean who but H-fanatics would spend that amount of money on a change purse??? Isn't kind of amusing that many of us will have no change left to put into the thing after buying it??? LOL!

PS> ...done that been there...3x! Now that's nuts...

Agreed! $1150-$1550 is INSANE! But $1000 is perfectly ok, and the fact that that's how much the bear one costs is strictly coincidental! :smile:

($1550 might become ok, too, if I ever see one of the darned hedgehogs!)

And you actually put *gasp!* CHANGE in your change purses? I assume you wash it first!