The I can't belive I bought this H thread....

i guess bracelets? i love them to death but buy them and never wear them so i'm thinning out my collection now of H goodies to see what I really do wear and what I don't......it actually feels pretty good.

I buy twillys x 2 in the colours below to wrap my future birkins handles.

I've been doing this as well for my garden party - since Etoupe is such a neutral colour, I thought I could jazz it up by changing the twillys on the handles. I've been mentally scheming which twilly twins should I get. I told myself that if I keep changing the twillys, I may not think so much about getting my next H bag. yeah right....:faint:

Reactions: Orangefanatic
Oh my, I'm good, I have pangs of "what did I do" and then I enjoy my purchase so much it passes. Maybe a couple of scarves but I'm happy I have them and I have worn them and still do from time to time so I think it's just when I get a new one it becomes my new favorite. Does that make sense?

Actually this thread is making me feel good about my H purchases.

LOL, if wearing a Farandole necklace could turn me into MaiTai, I would have 10 of them! Plus all her scarves and twillies!!!
My (not 1, but 2!) farandole necklaces – looked so lovely on MaiTai that I just had to have them, only to find that just because I wear them doesn't turn me into MaiTai! :wtf:

Actually, I had that feeling when I bought my first H scarf.... SO much money for a scarf! But it was Hermes, ha! Well, many scarves followed.
Then I had that feeling again when I bought my first H bag. An INSANE amount of money! For a bag! But it was a Kelly bag, ha! And I thought it would be my ONLY one....

The glove clasp . . . and I don't even wear gloves more than once or twice a year. It was so cute, though. It still is cute - in it's little orange H. box in the closet.

But at least it was minor!

A second regret - the Amulets sterling silver ring. The little Birkin charm broke off after three wearings (the solder point between the handles and the base of the bag simply gave way.)

But, Hermes graciously game me my money back.

LOL, if wearing a Farandole necklace could turn me into MaiTai, I would have 10 of them! Plus all her scarves and twillies!!!

I've had exaclty the same thought, hello. I'm beginning to think that the lovely MaiTai has been "planted" on tpf by Hermes to bolster sales. She's just impossibly chic and such a lovely person. She certainly does Hermes proud.

The glove clasp . . . and I don't even wear gloves more than once or twice a year. It was so cute, though. It still is cute - in it's little orange H. box in the closet.

But at least it was minor!

A second regret - the Amulets sterling silver ring. The little Birkin charm broke off after three wearings (the solder point between the handles and the base of the bag simply gave way.)

But, Hermes graciously game me my money back.

Slightly off topic, but here goes. There may be hope yet for your glove clasp (Filou), lilyhermes. You don't need to wear the gloves to use this accessory.For example, Rouge H gloves on a Black Birkin, Black gloves on a Chartreuse Birkin. I use unlined leather gloves for a smooth look.

My most totally useless H item is a pill case! I bought it from eBay back when I was just getting in to H and hadn't even been to a store yet. It is a lovely item, made out of pearwood, but I used it for a very short time and it's been in a drawer ever since.The price was close to $200 ... a total waste! It's quite large and my tiny no-name plastic one serves me better.

35cm carres, for sure -- I just can't wear them, yet I have bought several in an attempt to make it work. Small leather goods too -- so pretty and not really needed.

LOL omgosh we are oops twins! I spent months waiting for my Tohu Bohu shawl..in just the right color and then...I am like what the heck :wtf:did I get this for:nogood: that's a dang $1000 bucks of :confused1:?

OK, now you ladies are making me nervous. I just had my SA search all over and found me my first Tohu Bohu shawl, and it's supposed to arrive in a couple of days.
I hope I won't regret it. I'm usually more "classic", but I thought it would be fun with jeans.
What is it that you didn't like about the Tohu Bohu? :confused1:

I got a couple of scarves last year that I find I never wear - unfortunately, one was given to me for Xmas by my children (I requested it) so I can't sell it. One scarf looked great with the outfit I was wearing when I bought it in Chicago, but that outfit (which is now at the resale shop due to my weight loss) was in colors I rarely wear - bought it because I had, in a moment of madness, bought a great looking pair of red shoes - nothing to wear them with. No, I can't frame them - my walls are so full of pictures there is NO wall space left and a framed scarf wouldn't work in my house anyway.

There would probably be MANY more mistakes if I didn't have a limited budget!!!

My regrets (so far :s ) are several scarves that I've never worn.

My problem especially with eBay is that there are some that are just SO beautiful that I forget that they're not a good color for me, or just won't go with anything I own.

I do love just looking at them, though. So maybe I should just think of them as works of art that I collect? :shrugs:

But one of these days maybe I should sell some of the stuff I don't use.

Slightly off topic, but here goes. There may be hope yet for your glove clasp (Filou), lilyhermes. You don't need to wear the gloves to use this accessory.For example, Rouge H gloves on a Black Birkin, Black gloves on a Chartreuse Birkin. I use unlined leather gloves for a smooth look.

Thanks for the suggestion, MillStream, that's very kind of you. I love the little Filou too (could not for the life of me think of the correct name when I posted earlier), and it does look chic hanging on a bag clutching its gloves, so I'll take your advice and start using it again if only for "decorative purposes."

Thanks again. I won't give up on it!