The Hopton - What's your opinion on the bag?

Mar 23, 2013
Hello ladies,
I received an email 1 or 2 days ago about this new line called the Hopton. I love Mulberry's new collections especially the new zip bays and clifton, but I'm not so sure about this one.
It's a very odd shape. I don't think I've come across this shape in any other brands. Looks a bit like a radio to me to be honest :biggrin: Do look forward to seeing this style in store though. What do you guys think? Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 16.43.59.png Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 16.44.37.png

Hehe I know what you mean about it looking like a radio! I'm not keen on this one I'm afraid, I know bags are supposed to be functional but this looks too functional to me if that makes sense? I also think the thin shoulder strap looks out of proportion with the chunkier bag... I'll try and reserve any more judgment until I've seen it in real life!

No, I'm not so keen on this it looks very bulky and stiff. And now that you've said radio, I think that's imprinted on my mind for good - they should have called it the Roberts ;) Maybe as an overnight bag? Dunno, not sure.

Hello ladies,
I received an email 1 or 2 days ago about this new line called the Hopton. I love Mulberry's new collections especially the new zip bays and clifton, but I'm not so sure about this one.
It's a very odd shape. I don't think I've come across this shape in any other brands. Looks a bit like a radio to me to be honest :biggrin: Do look forward to seeing this style in store though. What do you guys think? View attachment 3564906 View attachment 3564907

Oh, I didn't realise how bulky it is! It's sort of like a lunch box... that's awkward. I take back what I said about a work bag, I can see everything I own spilling out on to the floor. :hrmm:

It is very bulky isnt it. It doesnt look very nice with the strap on the shoulder I think. Hypothetically if i was given this bag for free, i'd wear it on my arm like with the bayswater.
I'd be keen to go see this in real life though. Very curious bag.

Interesting to see the comments re the Hopton. I like the colours too but I think it's too square and clumsy looking.
It does look a little like a Roberts radio :lol: ..In the pictures, maybe it will redeem itself in the flesh.

I agree. One thing I've learned from Mulberry is never judge the bag by its pictures. I hated the new bays when I saw it online but love it in real life. Whereas the regular size cheyne doesnt like that nice, but the mini version is super cute.

I'm a big Mulberry fan, but some of the new bags I don't understand... like, this is ugly and would fall off your shoulder so easily because of how wide it is! Mulberry is starting to miss the mark for me. :confused1: