Scarves ........ The Hermès Spring/Summer 2020 Scarves..........

OMG! I would not believe if somebody told me this. I thought that the CLF that I am sending back to the seller looked a bit odd when I saw it the first time. But I was concentrating on the lines and the missing tag. Now I checked the measurements.
And I found that one side is 5cm shorter than the other! Did H furloughed their quality control team???

View attachment 4912266View attachment 4912267
At some point, one has to think that perhaps it was not Hermes whose quality control is off. No disrespect meant to anyone, but perhaps take a good look at this "reseller". My grandfather used to say "when 3 people tell you you're drunk, lay down" -applies to many situations
Again, I don't know who and it's only MHO :flowers:

At some point, one has to think that perhaps it was not Hermes whose quality control is off. No disrespect meant to anyone, but perhaps take a good look at this "reseller". My grandfather used to say "when 3 people tell you you're drunk, lay down" -applies to many situations
Again, I don't know who and it's only MHO :flowers:
I am starting to suspect the same!

Aw, thanks! I do think the initial twinge of guilt of making an impulsive buy is wearing off and I'm warming to the idea of keeping both. The Plumes is sentimental because it was my first H scarf, so I don't think I'd ever give it up. Fingers crossed that I fall for something in a completely different cw next season!
Last year blue-greens, turquoises, teals, etc. held the "blue" card. (I know. I stocked up.). This year, certainly for the PLumes, it's about moody blues and for Les Artisans, well, I am not a blues expert but it's definitely not a moody blue! You found a pair of blues that you really liked. If you go looking for something like that down the road you may never find it. Some other colors will be in the ascendency. These scarves complemented your coloring and wardrobe. Next year there may not be such flattering scarves.

Finally the last one for this season! Got also the orange cw in the end: Losange GM Cheveaux d‘A in Orange/Colvert/Maron! Love this design in this format so much! ❤
View attachment 4872991View attachment 4872993
WOW!! UTTERLY FABULOUS and PERFECT with the herringbone tweed coat! Plus the burnt orange color is so current! And that kind of motif would go with abstract "tribal" designs in the summer. WHAT A HAUL Was that scarf in the men's department or women's? I need some tutoring in how to find things like THIS SCARF!!! (I love burnt orange, and it coordinates so nicely with the blue-black).

So very pretty, and the sweaters you have teamed them with are perfect. I have just ordered a Ciel/Vert/Brun online. I love every single colourway of this scarf. (I hope mine suits me as perfectly as the c/w you have chosen). Definitely a keeper for you, enjoy your beautiful scarf.
I got the ciel/vert/brun in January when there weren't many CWs available. If you happen to have worked out color coordination of outfits/wardrobe with this cw, I'd be happy to see them. Jes' sayin'.

WOW!! UTTERLY FABULOUS and PERFECT with the herringbone tweed coat! Plus the burnt orange color is so current! And that kind of motif would go with abstract "tribal" designs in the summer. WHAT A HAUL Was that scarf in the men's department or women's? I need some tutoring in how to find things like THIS SCARF!!! (I love burnt orange, and it coordinates so nicely with the blue-black).
If I can take the liberty to reply it's a men's losenge. I have it in another CW. I highly recommend checking out the men's losenges, they usually have at least one stunner per season.

Dear eagle, thank you soo much for your wonderful comments!! :hbeat: As @ajaxbreaker said, the losanges of the men‘s department are very often a great choice. I took note of this scarf already in December, 2019 when @Meta posted all CWs (on page 53 ❤). The first one I got was the blue CW (which I posted on page 282 and which shows off the design much better than my orange pics). More or less every CW is available on the H European website. Am sure that you would still be able to find one! When will we be twins...? ;)

• Love
Reactions: eagle1002us
Dear eagle, thank you soo much for your wonderful comments!! :hbeat: As @ajaxbreaker said, the losanges of the men‘s department are very often a great choice. I took note of this scarf already in December, 2019 when @Meta posted all CWs (on page 53 ❤). The first one I got was the blue CW (which I posted on page 282 and which shows off the design much better than my orange pics). More or less every CW is available on the H European website. Am sure that you would still be able to find one! When will we be twins...? ;)
ASAP Sammy Royal!!!!! You are my inspiration!!! Thank you for the page reference. Obviously I have a losange-spaced hole in my life waiting to be filled :smile:

• Love
Reactions: Sammy Royal
OMG! I would not believe if somebody told me this. I thought that the CLF that I am sending back to the seller looked a bit odd when I saw it the first time. But I was concentrating on the lines and the missing tag. Now I checked the measurements.
And I found that one side is 5cm shorter than the other! Did H furloughed their quality control team???

View attachment 4912266View attachment 4912267
Dear bibivi1,
about two year ago when the ”Pani Le Shaw Pawnee” came out as washed Silk, I did a post comparing them with the older, twill versions (I thought it was ”fun” since the colors were the same...) and found out that the washed silk scarves were 5cms shorter in one direction! my year long SA said it was probably from the “washing” treatment the silk gets... I did a post with pics... in the corresponding season thread... but I dont remember when in 2018 exactly ...
Specially over the last 4 or so years quality issues have been increasingly present in many ways... so, if you ask me.. yes! H has big deficiencies when it comes to quality control!
All of the faults you have listed I have seen my self on new scarves in Hermes Boutiques. Sewing faults, dying faults, weave faults, print faults... Once I was hunting a scarf down, in a period of several months I “found” this scar in different Boutiques in my country of residence... every single time it was the exact same scarf with a huge weave mistake going all the way from top to bottom! After stating the fault, the Boutiques kept sending the scarf From one city to another! Hoping(?) a desperate costumer (and H lover) would finally buy it...
If you really wanted this C’est la Fete, and I assume you did/do, then “embrace“ it as it is enjoy it! Very few were sold, and the ones that got pulled back from the stores were never re produced, now with CoVid, they will most probably never come back, making the ones that are out there even more a ”rarity”...
Silky Hugs, P.

Dear bibivi1,
about two year ago when the ”Pani Le Shaw Pawnee” came out as washed Silk, I did a post comparing them with the older, twill versions (I thought it was ”fun” since the colors were the same...) and found out that the washed silk scarves were 5cms shorter in one direction! my year long SA said it was probably from the “washing” treatment the silk gets... I did a post with pics... in the corresponding season thread... but I dont remember when in 2018 exactly ...
Specially over the last 4 or so years quality issues have been increasingly present in many ways... so, if you ask me.. yes! H has big deficiencies when it comes to quality control!
All of the faults you have listed I have seen my self on new scarves in Hermes Boutiques. Sewing faults, dying faults, weave faults, print faults... Once I was hunting a scarf down, in a period of several months I “found” this scar in different Boutiques in my country of residence... every single time it was the exact same scarf with a huge weave mistake going all the way from top to bottom! After stating the fault, the Boutiques kept sending the scarf From one city to another! Hoping(?) a desperate costumer (and H lover) would finally buy it...
If you really wanted this C’est la Fete, and I assume you did/do, then “embrace“ it as it is enjoy it! Very few were sold, and the ones that got pulled back from the stores were never re produced, now with CoVid, they will most probably never come back, making the ones that are out there even more a ”rarity”...
Silky Hugs, P.
Thank you for your post, your explanation and your advice. I need to admit that a day after posting it I bought another CLF scarf, this time prune CW and this one, luckily for me, had no issues apart from being shorter on one side. My first impulse was to ask other owners to measure their scarves but I thought that admins would ban me for too much moaning :smile: so I never had. Instead I was looking through internet checking photos of CLF scarves hanging in H stores and all of them looked a bit odd, size wise. So I came to the same conclusion - that it must be a result of the production process. It doesn’t bother me and the feel of the double silk scarf is, for me, much nicer than standard stiff scarf. I totally agree with you on the rarity of these scarves, this was a reason why I desperately wanted to buy one now, before the already high prices will increase even more. Hugs to you too :smile:

Reactions: Pegase