The Hermes Lydie

Beautiful pic!!!! :flowers:
Thank you so much Cosmopolitan for the infos!!!!! Do you know anything about the 2different ways of attaching the strap and what it is about?
It seems like the bag is very thin, what fits in your bag?

Personally I've never seen the strap attach to leather rings on the side, as in your first pic in this thread, only to gold chains. But that doesn't necessarily mean the bag was never made that way.

On the size, its about 10"x6" and about 1" wide, although it expands a bit beyond that. Primarily a good bag for evening. Typically holds a card case (with a few folded bills, credit card, ID); iPhone; keys; lipstick; compact; maybe a little more. Probably has a slightly bigger capacity than a Kelly Pochette. Obviously could also be used for daytime instances in which you don't want to carry a lot.

All in all, I think its a nice alternative to the Constance. The Lydie is lower-key, with a smaller "H" on the front, and less known. Plus Lydies are a heck of a lot cheaper on the resale market than Constances too. HTH. :smile:

Personally I've never seen the strap attach to leather rings on the side, as in your first pic in this thread, only to gold chains. But that doesn't necessarily mean the bag was never made that way.

On the size, its about 10"x6" and about 1" wide, although it expands a bit beyond that. Primarily a good bag for evening. Typically holds a card case (with a few folded bills, credit card, ID); iPhone; keys; lipstick; compact; maybe a little more. Probably has a slightly bigger capacity than a Kelly Pochette. Obviously could also be used for daytime instances in which you don't want to carry a lot.

All in all, I think its a nice alternative to the Constance. The Lydie is lower-key, with a smaller "H" on the front, and less known. Plus Lydies are a heck of a lot cheaper on the resale market than Constances too. HTH. :smile:

Thank you so much for sharing all your knowlege!
I personally think the Lydie is an even better evening bag than the Constance because it is so much more elegant (shapewise) and really like the fact that you can wear it with or without strap. I guess it is the only Hermes clutch with this option(beside Annie)? I would love this concept for the Jige too, it would make it easier to wear-I´ll tried to wear it with a scarf as strap but it is really not practical if you have to open the purse...

Hi,

I currently have a vintage Lydie I am trying to learn more about. Mine seems very old, it has an eclair zipper and the chain links on the side are more oblong than the modern ones. I have a date stamp of "2 R", no symbols or anything. Such a nice looking purse.

So glad to find this thread here even though it has gone dormant for a while.. I’ve been looking for an excellent condition Lydie and would like to ask if anyone knows of where to get one? Thank you!

So glad to find this thread here even though it has gone dormant for a while.. I’ve been looking for an excellent condition Lydie and would like to ask if anyone knows of where to get one? Thank you!

A nice one pops up on Fashionphile and TRR every now and then (as well as a lot of not so nice ones)…the black one linked below looks quite nice - it came online this week but it was snapped up really fast. It shows you that they are out there though, you just have to watch for them. Good luck!

Reactions: peonies13
This is a bit of an old thread but I noticed a beautiful Sac Annie on TRR yesterday (which, once again, sold very quickly) but for those on the hunt for the rather elusive Lydie, the Annie could be a nice substitute. In all likelihood the Annie is just as rare, but I’m thinking if you have both on your radar you might have a better chance of locating one of them at some point.

This is a bit of an old thread but I noticed a beautiful Sac Annie on TRR yesterday (which, once again, sold very quickly) but for those on the hunt for the rather elusive Lydie, the Annie could be a nice substitute. In all likelihood the Annie is just as rare, but I’m thinking if you have both on your radar you might have a better chance of locating one of them at some point.

Thank you, this is great info! I'll keep an eye out for both now :smile:

Reactions: hillsidegirl