The Hermes Lock

May 29, 2007
I saw this Lock trend (NYTimes) and am thinking that I could do this with an H lock?! Anyone know about necklaces and link size and could suggest a chain? I have all PHW. The large scale of the lock necklaces in the photos are not my style, however I like that the links are in proportion to the lock.

I posted the photo of the $1600.00 Karlito Charm (Karl Lagerfield) since it is attached to Hermes bags! It was part of the same NYTimes Video.

What do you all think of the Lock Trend?
What do you think of the Karlito Doll?
Anyone with a chain suggestion?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-28 at 11.37.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-28 at 11.37.02 PM.png
    536.2 KB · Views: 806
  • Screen Shot 2014-09-28 at 11.36.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-28 at 11.36.39 PM.png
    904.6 KB · Views: 811
Last edited:
Hermes locks are very heavy. ( in a large size) because they are real locks . I doubt you can stand one hanging at your neck more than one minute !
I guess you'll have to buy the Chanel lock that is designed that way.

Otherwise, Hermes has a lot of small locks jewelry... but I guess that's not what you are looking for.

Karlito Doll looks cute and fun !

Hermes locks are very heavy. ( in a large size) because they are real locks . I doubt you can stand one hanging at your neck more than one minute !
I guess you'll have to buy the Chanel lock that is designed that way.

Otherwise, Hermes has a lot of small locks jewelry... but I guess that's not what you are looking for.

Karlito Doll looks cute and fun !
:giggles: I wasn't thinking about the weight!!
I have a lock from a bag that no longer exists. (another thread I started long ago)
When I saw these photos I thought it was a great use for the lock.
I guess I will have to buy an H necklace!
The scale of the necklaces at Fashion Week are too large for my taste.

I like the idea of wearing the H lock on a thick chain as a necklace!!! I don't think it would be too hard to find a link necklace for that size lock at all! Start with a Forever 21 (cheap trendy necklace) to see if you like the look and can tolerate the weight and if you can, upgrade :smile:

I'm not a fan of any of the big bag charms that overwhelm the bag.... hairy monsters, puffy horses or Karl :P

If you're asking about the necklaces... they look like curb chains, to me. They're widely available in varying widths and lengths. So... it should be relatively easy to recreate this look, scaled down.

On the other hand... if you're not replicating the same scale... I don't see why you couldn't use any chain for your H lock (although thicker chains will probably bear the weight easier)... but, I think that a marine chain would be perfect paired w/an H lock.

GL! :smile:

ETA... Tiffany & Co jewelry incorporates locks too... it might be worth seeing if they create anything that you prefer to the Chanel lock look... for inspiration with your H lock. GL.

I saw this Lock trend (NYTimes) and am thinking that I could do this with an H lock?! Anyone know about necklaces and link size and could suggest a chain? I have all PHW. The large scale of the lock necklaces in the photos are not my style, however I like that the links are in proportion to the lock.

What do you all think of the Lock Trend?
Anyone with a chain suggestion?

Last edited:
I love the lock on a chain idea except much more scaled down. I could see getting a long, medium weight chain & wearing it as a pendant style. The KL doll is hideous IMO. Perhaps as a collectors item but actually wearing it out of the house is a different story!

I love the lock on a chain idea except much more scaled down. I could see getting a long, medium weight chain & wearing it as a pendant style. The KL doll is hideous IMO. Perhaps as a collectors item but actually wearing it out of the house is a different story!

Agreed! I think it's more of a novelty item! I looked at the photos of them with some girlfriends this weekend and we thought it was just too funny! Yes there is a long wait-list for it.

I think Karl Lagerfeld is laughing all the way to the bank. Reminds me of a hairy troll baby. Not for me.

I have hung an Hermes lock on a chain around my neck, regular size lock. I like that look.

:giggles: I wasn't thinking about the weight!!
I have a lock from a bag that no longer exists. (another thread I started long ago)
When I saw these photos I thought it was a great use for the lock.
I guess I will have to buy an H necklace!
The scale of the necklaces at Fashion Week are too large for my taste.

How big is your lock? Is it still the same size as the regular lock? I think it'll be rather cute to wear the lock on a chain or even on a leather cord.

Well, the KL furry charm is quite an expensive fad. I think I'm going to look for some fur bits that I got from my furrier and do some DIY. ;)

How big is your lock? Is it still the same size as the regular lock? I think it'll be rather cute to wear the lock on a chain or even on a leather cord.

Well, the KL furry charm is quite an expensive fad. I think I'm going to look for some fur bits that I got from my furrier and do some DIY. ;)
The lock is from a bolide relax. I am going to find a chain, so I can be as up to date on fashion trends as the ladies at NY Fashion Week.;)