The Hermes Carre book vs Hermes Scarf: History & Mystique

Mar 14, 2006
Does anyone know if The Hermes Carre book is the same as the Hermes Scarf: Mystery and Mystique?

Looks like the same cover but different title, publisher, and price.. :confused1:

Scarf Addict

Sieze The Day!
O.G.
Oct 17, 2008
United Kingdom
As far as I am aware YES they are the same book.

There is a special edition bound in a real silk Quadrige scarf with gold leaf page edges and there is the normal hardback with paper dustcover. I believe the content is identical.
Amazon is much cheaper for the hardback if not having a H bag and box is of no consequence to you! HTH:flowers:

mimi 123

O.G.
Aug 18, 2008
H.COM
Box is for special edition anyways. But Amazon postponed release date twice already. Currently May. :Push: Hopefully they do not do it third time.

cvw1004

O.G.
Apr 1, 2008
UK
Also, don't forget the book comes in two versions - French and English. I couldn't wait for Amazon and got the French version as soon as it hit the H website. :blush:

Mar 14, 2006
Thank you all for clearing that up! My guess would be the one on the website is the French version and the one being presold by amazon is the English?

cvw1004 i would do the same but I can't read French! :blush:

Scarf Addict

Sieze The Day!
O.G.
Oct 17, 2008
United Kingdom
^^That pre-order must be in the USA here in the UK the English version has been available since long before Christmas I got mine in November I think.
H.com has both versions one English one French the English is ref . 509041S00, the French is . 509040S00 on the UK/European site.

Mar 14, 2006
Thanks Kallie Girl for the link! I had previously searched and found that thread but there seems to be no definitive answer as to why the amazon.com book "Hermes Scarf: Mystery and Mystique" is substantially less expensive.

I guess we will have to wait and see until it is released if there are any differences. I don't think I can stand another minute though, I may have to go get the Hermes version :smile:

Laney2

Oct 3, 2009
pinkandgreen ~ I too felt like there wasn't a definitive answer on the differences so after thinking about it I splurged and bought the book at Hermes. I figured I really wanted the "H" one, just in case there was a difference in quality. Plus it was a big perk to be able to start enjoying it last month instead of waiting. ;) Good luck! :smile:

ltb

Jul 11, 2010
the book is available on amazon now - has anyone rec'd it? compared the books?

Jun 23, 2007
If anybody has the Amazon version, I have the boutique regular (non-silk) version and the silk (but not unboxed yet) version. I can verify pages if you need to anytime. There may be different publication data, for example, there is a page in the "genuine" edition that states it is a numbered edition, although the less expensive version is not numbered. The silk version is. Perhaps that is the page they left out. If any questions, please ask on this thread. Also, I have been keeping the silk book under wraps still, because I use the other book for reference and haven't had the nerve to unwrap the big guy yet!!

lanit

O.G.
May 17, 2007
I have the Amazon version and am very happy with it. Makes no difference to me about it being from H or not. It is a nice edition, hardcover and the pages are printed on thick paper with a lot of extra pages in acetates (Pawnee) and some with die cut windows, etc. With Amazon, you may return your book if you are not happy with it.:flowers:

lala28

Mar 17, 2010
USA, Texas
I love the book too. I wish a book would come out that showcased all of the patterns throughout Hermes' entire history! :reading: