The Hayden Harnett Nico

Peeking_Around

Live, Love, Laugh
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
Is the Nico not available any longer? So the only other place I would ever find it at would be ebay? Just curious if any of you ladies knew.

I saw a few pictures of it and absolutely love it!

You can definitely get a great deal every now and then on eBay.
Did you see Leothelnss' thread where she got the Currant Nico on eBay for $80 shipped? It is drop-dead gorgeous!!!
Here is the link:
Omg omg omg

Just keep your eyes peeled; you'll find one!
:yes:

I love my Nico, but the strap digs into my shoulder too much if I put more than a few things in there!

I specifically got it to schlep my books, laptop, water, snacks across campus to the library. It looks great, holds everything and the leather is soooo soft...but it's uncomfortable!

Do you think I could take it somewhere and have the rolled part of the strap unrolled and laid flat, so it would be more like the strap on my Havana? I just don't know why they would put such a small strap on such a big bag that is meant to carry so much.

I love my Nico, but the strap digs into my shoulder too much if I put more than a few things in there!

I specifically got it to schlep my books, laptop, water, snacks across campus to the library. It looks great, holds everything and the leather is soooo soft...but it's uncomfortable!

Do you think I could take it somewhere and have the rolled part of the strap unrolled and laid flat, so it would be more like the strap on my Havana? I just don't know why they would put such a small strap on such a big bag that is meant to carry so much.

Well Kiddo. you can't UNroll leather. It has memory !
But you can have a nice wide flat strap made to replace it.
OR you could try a shoulder guard which is a flat, cushiony leather piece about 5-6 long X 2.5 - 3 " wide that slips over the strap.
Nicos weren't made to carry a ton, but in winter, over a thick coat,it's fine.
If you have your shoeguy remake the strap, maybe ask him to add a second, so you can carry Nico backpack style, or make the new strap long enough to go crossbody messenger style. That will be more comfy.

Well, I had one in chocolate, but I just sold it since I didn't like the handle and didn't feel like modifying it. Shame. But on the bright side now I have money to buy a new bag!