The Handmaid's Tale on HULU

The Handmaid's Tale is a powerful book - highly recommend reading it, if you haven't. I remember it was made into a movie in the 90s - I think it starred Natasha Richardson, Robert Duvall and Faye Dunaway - I thought the movie was very good. I'm looking forward to the series - I got the impression that it was airing in Canada on a cable network - I hope so since i don't subscribe to Hulu.

The Handmaid's Tale is a powerful book - highly recommend reading it, if you haven't. I remember it was made into a movie in the 90s - I think it starred Natasha Richardson, Robert Duvall and Faye Dunaway - I thought the movie was very good. I'm looking forward to the series - I got the impression that it was airing in Canada on a cable network - I hope so since i don't subscribe to Hulu.
Margaret Atwood is a great writer. I've read a few of her books. Such depth and imagination. I heard there was a huge spike in sales of the Handmaid's Tale right after the 2016 election.

Yes! I, too, am considering signing up for Hulu just to watch this. Do you know if they have a free trial period?

Yes, there is a free 30 day trial of HULU which I signed up for. My daughter shares her Netflix account with me so I will most likely continue my HULU account to share with her. I saw some shows on HULU that I really do enjoy.

Reactions: cafecreme15
Yes, there is a free 30 day trial of HULU which I signed up for. My daughter shares her Netflix account with me so I will most likely continue my HULU account to share with her. I saw some shows on HULU that I really do enjoy.
Great! I will just have to binge watch the show in 30 days because I don't want to pay for Hulu. I'm a bit salty that it used to be free!

Reactions: kemilia
Yes, I remember the movie. I read the book after I saw the movie. I don't subscribe to Hulu and might have to look into it.

Shall we discuss on this thread? Or shall we wait until our northern neighbors get to see the 1st episode, then we can start our discussion then?

Shall we discuss on this thread? Or shall we wait until our northern neighbors get to see the 1st episode, then we can start our discussion then?
I don't object to starting the discussion. I think most of us here know the basic plot and April 30 is not that far away..
Spoiler alerts can always be highlighted if someone doesn't want to see what happens.