The guys that own multicolore accessories/bags...

I just want to know what you all think of the gay men that buy multicolore bags/accessories. I just bought my first today and even though it's a gorgeous bag, I am a little scared of bringing it out in the public. I know I shouldn't be... but I am. I guess I am lacking in the courage department. I wouldn't really feel weird in a big city, but being that I live in a suburb where there's probably no more than 30 gay guys, I feel weird. :sad:

This gay boy tends not to care what people think.

That said...I really hate how some people (mainly other gay guys) want to label someone as a femme or whatever because of _____. I also hate how some people assume you're rich or 'uppity' because you like designer stuff. Whatever. I'm a busy guy, I don't have time to worry about other peoples' BS.

I like the MC accessories. I want a black MC Pochette GM. I find myself running out of the house often and getting in my car and I'd like a pouch to hold keys/phone/wallet/little papers/etc. It seems convenient.

I'm not a gay man, but if I saw one carrying an LV bag, all I'd think is... what great taste he's got!
I agree with the others, wear it with pride but just be aware of your surroundings. Enjoy!

I think I agree with most of the people here. Lets be honest, (please know that I am HONEST) people are going to be curious when they see a grown man carrying a black mc bag... They are going to stare, and some may comment, but if it doesn't bother you then GO FOR IT!!!! I think you should show it off! You worked hard for it!!

You know, I'm a guy, I live in Paris, and I'm 17, and I think that you should wear it proudly. It's YOUR life, and not others !!! If you wear a bag proudly with confidence, you'll be unique... You also have to know that people who make fun of you wouldn't do the quarter that you're doing now. I carry very feminine bags, and I don't care about what people think... I have a long time suffered of mockeries, and glances of people, but, it is necessary to not care about it, because if not you will live all your life with this shame...

You all are very sweet... I just woke up... O:huh: need to stretch. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone by the way! :smile: Get full and pass out lol.

I think one of the things we all must realize is that life is full of challenges. Each person has something unique about them that they may face trouble with, but because you have that trait you may be realized in life later as someone special. I have been made fun of a lot, like a few of you other guys mentioned. It does suck, but if we let that ignorance get to us, we will never be able to shine. Being judged sucks. Being spit on sucks and I don't mean literally. People are so quick to say something before they know the story behind the image. Last night before I went to bed, I realized that it takes more than confidence. You have to love who you are in order to do the things you want in life. We all work hard for the things we love, but do we really appreciate ourselves for that? I know that I am starting to. There are just so many labels for everything. I hate it. Why can't we just live our lives without labeling ourselves or others.

I will take modeling pictures of me with the bag soon... very soon! :smile: I am very excited about doing it. The bag is freaking HUGE man lol. The Aurelia will not be my everyday bag. I will probably find something smaller. You know I always say that and then come out with a huge luggage looking thing. My family always makes fun of me because I go to the store and get the biggest possible lol. But hey, do what you love to do. :smile: We have been shaped so much by our parents, society and our peers... we have to shape ourselves in order to survive.

Thank you all so much for the replies. I am so happy to be a part of such a great community.

Bless you all...

~Kevin

first off, what did you get????

second, okay, im "coming out" on tpf.....alot of people on here think that im a girl. im a guy. i never really felt the reason to correct them because i didnt really care. lol. if you thought i was a girl.... sorry.

anyways, to get back to your question. i think that it is totally okay. although be prepared to get some stares. i get stares from people all the time because all of my bags are womens bags. haha. but its because i like them better, the "man" bags are a little too butch for my liking, no offense. get what you like. im dying for a MC ursula.

first off, what did you get????

second, okay, im "coming out" on tpf.....alot of people on here think that im a girl. im a guy. i never really felt the reason to correct them because i didnt really care. lol. if you thought i was a girl.... sorry.

anyways, to get back to your question. i think that it is totally okay. although be prepared to get some stares. i get stares from people all the time because all of my bags are womens bags. haha. but its because i like them better, the "man" bags are a little too butch for my liking, no offense. get what you like. im dying for a MC ursula.

LOL I think that's hilarious. I don't want to be reminded of a conference when I am carrying my bag. So that's why I stick to the women's catalogue. LOL. I think designers should personally do a UNISEX line. But that's just my opinion. :smile:

Lol I totally agree with you guys !!! I am subscribed to women's bags, and I love it !!! I also die of laughing in streets when people stare at me...........I send them a kiss à la française...

i know, i LOVE it when people stare at me. or start talking because its like, hello, i know i have on a womans bag, im not stupid.

but also, why should they be exclusively for women? i know women who carry briefcases. i just dont get why there is such a double standard.