The Great "H"-Expedition at FSH: My virgin experience & 1st Reveal (*w/ lots of pix)

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Oct 12, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
    Hello Everyone!

Let me first introduce myself a little bit.....

I'm new to the H-forum, but have been a "lurker" here for a while. I am an active member of the Chanel sub-forum though (some of you might already know me from my crazy Chanel reveals and collection over there:P). Here are my most recent Chanel reveals:
    http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/mias-back-paris-another-reveal-d-w-lots-513592.html
    http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/mias-ultimate-chanel-shopping-galore-looong-reveal-w-501045.html
    http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/mias-part-5-birthday-reveal-w-lots-pics-449885.html

I am a SAHM and have a 2 year-old son (the one in my avatar). I am quite a collector of different sorts of things...bags, shoes, clothes, costume jeweleries, perfumes, make-up/cosmetics etc...you name it!! LOL!! I enjoy fashion a lot and love to try out different things.

2 weeks ago, my DH and I just came back from Paris to celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary. We go to Paris every year to celebrate our anniversary as it's one of our favorite places. But of course, there's something special about this year, as it's our first time to visit Hermes FSH, the mothership!!! Believe it or not, we have been in Paris for many times, but we never went into Hermes FSH because the place was always packed with people!! But this year, we want to do it as DH has sweetly offered to buy me a bag of my dreams at Hermes as my anniversary gift.:graucho:

Now, how did my love for Hermes start? I used to think that Hermes is only about Kelly and Birkin, and I esp. love Birkin amongst all. But now, my view of Hermes completely changed because of what I've read from this lovely forum! So much to learn about this brand!!! I'm actually in love with lots of things made by Hermes so I am really really excited to go to the mothership this time!! (And I know I'm so dead as I now love Hermes as much as Chanel!!)

First of all, I want to thank babyskyblue, LarissaHK, La Vanguardia, meowcsj, IceEarl, Moviegirl325, tnw and chanelholic for giving me their valuable advice on Hermes and little tips on their FSH shopping experiences. Sorry that I wasn't able to reply to your PMs before I left for Paris as I'm in the middle of our house move and really busy packing. But I really appreciate your replies.

I've read a few threads about good and bad experiences at the mothership, so I was really crossing my fingers when I first entered the FSH boutique by myself (DH was in a conference at that time so I went to FSH alone). I remember it was a Thursday afternoon around 1:30pm. The place was packed with people as usual! I was greeted by a nice, tall good-looking guy and asked if I needed any help with a very friendly smile! So, that was how my great expedition started and I spent the rest of the 5 hours with him at the store!! (Good that DH didn't get jealous...LOL!!)

I don't exactly remember how many different sorts of things I've tried on, but I really had lots of fun! This guy has a title of "Chargé de clientèle" (which means account manager / customer relations officer), and he can sell anything around the store. I read from the forum that in FSH, most "SAs" in the store can only sell 1 category of item, like leathergoods only, scarves only, jewleries only etc. and you need to go to find the relevant SA to help you with a certain category of item. (Question: Does anyone know if "Chargé de clientèle" is a new title or is it the same as SA?)

Anyway, I followed this guy around the store, up and down 1st floor and 2nd floor, and learned so much about each category of item, the style name, leather, color, etc.... At each section, I will tell him what sort of things I like and he will just get different things for me to try on so that I know what will suit me the best. I had so much fun in the store that both the SA and I were amazed that we have actually spent the whole afternoon (5 hours) together talking about Hermes! LOL!!

Since I still need to go to the opposite Chanel boutique to pick up some stuff that had been reserved for me, I needed to say good-bye to this nice SA and I told him I'm coming back again with my DH another day. But did I leave the store empty-handed? Of course NOT!!!

The following morning around 1pm, I went to George V alone to take a look. I was again greeted by a nice French lady and asked if I needed help. (I wonder if I really look that helpless/clueless?!!! LOL!!) Since George V was a smaller boutique, I only spent 1.5 hours there but also didn't leave empty-handed.

I read a thread "Never to be in FSH on Saturdays", so my DH and I decided to visit FSH again on the following Monday morning. We were there at around 11am, and this time, I specifically requested for the nice tall guy to help us. DH really enjoyed his company and professional service, and instead of me, DH was the one doing all the buying!:sweatdrop:

So, did I see any Birkins on Thursday and Monday when I'm in FSH? Yes, I saw an orange birkin 35 with gold hw on Monday, a vert veronese birkin 30 with gold hw and also black birkin 30 on Thursday. But sadly, they were not what I'm looking for. I want my 1st birkin to be special as it is going to be my wedding anniversary gift, so I don't want to just buy whatever Birkin they have in the store.

Finally, we all went to the "Maroquineries" (leather goods section), and I popped up "THE ULTIMATE QUESTION" to ask my SA, "Can I order my special birkin?" He happily said, "yes of course". As my SA was busy with my DH (yes, he is choosing a bag for himself!!!!), he asked another guy SA from the Maroquineries section to help me out on my order(s).:graucho: This guy is also very very nice and gave me all sorts of leather books and samples to look at so that I can decide on what I want. He even gave me the book where there are different colors of the threads used for the stitching so that I can choosing the stitching color that I want! In the end, I made a total of 3 Special Orders !! 2 for me and 1 for my friend (you know who you are). So, now, the wait begins!!:yahoo: The SA said it's going to be ready in around 8 months to 1 year. I don't mind waiting as I know I will love them very much!! :cloud9:

So, that's basically my "virgin" experience at Hermes FSH. Both my DH and I were really lucky to meet these 2 very nice and professional SAs. I think it's really a matter of "hit or miss" at FSH in terms of SA. (Some SAs were really "snobbish-looking" and don't really smile even when you say "bonjour" to them.) Maybe because my DH and I also speak a little bit of French, that's why it helps too when you speak their language.

Anyway, to those who haven't visited the Mothership before, don't ever give up, you will meet your "special someone (SA)" at FSH one day. ;)

Hahahahaha...you must be bored with my FSH story.... So, what did my DH and I bring home in the end???

Here you go...the tPF obligatory picture....
    [​IMG]

I normally spread out the boxes flat on my bed when I do my Chanel reveals. But somehow, I get the feeling that for Hermes, we need to do "The Tower of Orange Boxes"? So, I tried very hard to stack up all the boxes in order to take the above picture. Did I do ok?

Thanks for letting me share my 1st reveal here.....I'm so nervous!!! The things I bought are nothing as compared to the great collection of most of you here. But I'm really happy with my 1st H-loot and I look forward to visit the Mothership again.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the reveal in the following pages to come. Have a nice day everyone!

P.S. I'm actually moving to a new apartment tomorrow, so it was a rush when I took the pictures as I'm in the middle of packing up my stuff. I'm afraid that I won't have time after the move as I'll be busy unpacking again...so I'm doing the reveal now....hehe. Thanks for letting me share again!

2. yay! congrats! sounds like you had a fantastic time in paris in both FSH and George V...

now is the time to unwrap!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

3. WOW!
    I love your story, what a great first visit to FSH. I'm so glad you found your "special someone" there :smile:

Now..... STRIP!! :yahoo:

4. OMG, Mia!! I'm ready for this mother of a H reveal.... Yay!!

5. Congratualation!!!! I am so happy for you!!! Can't wait to see your goodies.:dothewave::robot::drinks::popcorn:

6. #6 Oct 12, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
    Tower? What tower? More like a skyscraper :P

Thank you for taking the time to share your amazing experience... Glad you met Mr. Chargé de clientèle :nuts:

Now back to the reveal...

7. Now let the stripping begin......

When I was at FSH the first time, the section I requested to visit first was the "costume jewelery" section. I have a thing for jewleries...that's why.

Without much idea about what I'm into, my SA showed me this!! He said he loves it very much as the design is very easy to wear. So, what's this?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Kelly Dog" in White Epsom with gold hw
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A quick modeling picture of my new Kelly Dog! (Hope I got the names right...if not, please feel free to correct me. :P)
    [​IMG]

8. Fabulous tower of orange boxes, you did very good. Now show us the booty.............

9. Then, my SA led me to another counter of the costume jewelery section and showed me more styles!! The more I tried, the more boxes I got! LOL!

Next up......something "thinner" this time...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Kelly Stretch" in Violet Tadelakt with gold hw
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Close-Up of my Jelly Stretch......violet and gold are just divine together!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A quick modeling picture of my Kelly Stretch...
    [​IMG]

10. God, that is one big pile of boxes .. Wohoo :woohoo:

11. Holy Moly!

What a tidal wave of orange boxes! Love it.

:lol:

12. Then I saw this...which is similar to the above, but a bit different.

It's longer....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Kelly Double Tour" in Etoupe Tadelakt with gold hw
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Quick modeling pictures of my Kelly Double Tour...
    [​IMG]

And together with my Kelly Stretch....
    [​IMG]

13. Then, this really caught my eye......!!! I think this style must be the ultimate H-bracelet of all bracelets.

Guess?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Collier De Chien" Ombre lizard with gold hw
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Quick modeling picture of my CDC...really love the color and texture of this lizard babe!!
    [​IMG]

I love gold hw very much, that's why I choose to have gold hw for all of my bracelets...hehehehe!

14. ^^ Lovely .. and they go great together!

15. Congrats, what a major haul!! I'm happy for you that u are able to place a SO birkins, i wish i can when i get the chance to visit paris, hopefully soon but most important able to come across gd SAs. I wish i can be as lucky as you but i know nuts abt french....sigh which is the downside...:sad:

Anyway, back to ur reveals, love ur bracelets esp the lizard CDC is HOT, it looks gd on you. Can't wait to see the rest too!!~

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice