The good and the bad from Mono and Damier

runaway bride

Mar 11, 2009
I would like to know the difference between the Speedy Mono and Damier, about the stiffer one, which canvas is better, which handle peels the worst, etc

As you all have a Speedy ( I think :biggrin:) you can help me, TIA

I think it is more of a design preference as far as which is preferred.

What is this about the handles peeling? This has popped up in a few threads and I don't know specifically what it means.

I never had problems with my Damier handles peeling. I love both, but I only have the Damier and the Epi Almas. It is a personal preference as to the pattern.

Agreed, it is a style preference. Aside from the vachetta on the handles in mono, I believe the canvas is the same, just a different pattern.

I think it is more of a design preference as far as which is preferred.

What is this about the handles peeling? This has popped up in a few threads and I don't know specifically what it means.

my speedy damier handles peeled and then when i got the speedy back from repair, there were stains there i know where not mine and it looked like it had been heaviely used while it was away from me. sadly i didnt take enough pictures before sending it in to prove my case, but i would in future take TONS AND TONS of pics of my item before sending it in for repair.

my speedy damier handles peeled and then when i got the speedy back from repair, there were stains there i know where not mine and it looked like it had been heaviely used while it was away from me. sadly i didnt take enough pictures before sending it in to prove my case, but i would in future take TONS AND TONS of pics of my item before sending it in for repair.

WOW... maybe they sent you the wrong bag back?

Personally the mono is the classic LV. I love the mono speedy. The handles can get dirty but I have had mine for 3 years and they still look lovely.
The damier speedy is one of my favorite bags, it is worry free! I love the damier print. It is LV without the more obvious logos. I love the red interior. I don't think you can choose one is better than the other.....simply decide which one to buy FIRST!!!! Then buy the other!!!!!

Personally the mono is the classic LV. I love the mono speedy. The handles can get dirty but I have had mine for 3 years and they still look lovely.
The damier speedy is one of my favorite bags, it is worry free! I love the damier print. It is LV without the more obvious logos. I love the red interior. I don't think you can choose one is better than the other.....simply decide which one to buy FIRST!!!! Then buy the other!!!!!

Well said!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: