The Girls At Work...

msasmith

Bag Lady
O.G.
Feb 22, 2010
The women at my job are so mean to me when I carry my LV. I keep getting little comments about how stupid and ridiculous it is to spend that much money on a bag. I'm only getting comments from the older women I work with. Who I assume make more than I do because they have been here much longer.

I get comments like "here she comes with the BAG", "watch out for the bag", "you know you don't have to hold the bag, noone will take it". Just stupid catty remarks. It especially bothers me when they say how ugly LV is. I probably shouldn't be listening to women carrying pink & purple handbags with Coach symbols all over them but it still keeps bothering me.

Have any good come backs?

Sometimes it's better to just smile to yourself. Jealous people like this are enjoying bursting your bubble. If you look happy and ignore them it will bother them more.

Last edited:
(They probably don't even know their bags are made in China in sweatshops using tanneries that dump chemicals into ground water.)

i'm not sure the best way to respond is through made in china, sweatshop comments...that would make you sound just as stupid as they are....

no need for come backs, imo. nothing you can say to these kinds of people that can change who they are. acknowledging their comments would only show them that they're getting to you. they'll learn someday...don't hate the player, hate the game, baby =P!!

Stupid, insecure people will always be stupid and insecure... you can't fix it, and they will be that way all their lives. You have only one life to live... live it YOUR way. (((Hugs))))!

I wouldn't let them bother you! Carry your bag with pride babe!

Also... Who really knows if they make more than you do because of their years of service. I shouldn't know this, but I make more than the people that do the same thing as I do in my department at work and I haven't been there nearly as long as they have.

They might earn more than you but they will probably have outgoings that mean maybe they can't afford LV?, I don't know, pity them, that might help - it is nasty and jealous behaviour, do your best to ignore and hopefully they will eventually get bored. Good luck!

ITA....Take the high road....nothing you say will change their minds. There was a time when i didn't like LV either, I was only into Hermes. A very nice woman I was friends with said to me, once you carried LV, you wouldn't go back. That is EXACTLY what happened. How ironic woulod it be to see one of those ladies carry LV down the road?

Don't pay them any attention... I would just smile and keep on moving. I find that remaining silent vs. responding to negativity, makes a statement more if you were to say anything at all.

Honey, enjoy your handbags!!!:hugs:

Let them drive themselves crazy with their own destructive jealousy :angel:

I'm sorry to hear that they're being this cruel, because I'm sure it's annoying to deal with. But just don't give it any attention...eventually they will stop! They're acting like children.