The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (2011) - Daniel Craig, Rooney Mara

Odette

<3 life
O.G.
Aug 20, 2007
I saw an early screening of the movie on Monday night and it was phenomenal! Very impressed with Fincher's adaptation and the acting ability of Rooney Mara.

Anyone else planning on seeing/thoughts?

I watched the originals and enjoyed them greatly. I only read the first book.
I love Daniel Craig and am interested in seeing this movie. I wonder if it moves a bit faster than the original?

I really like the Swedish movies and am looking forward to the American version for comparison & I like Daniel Craig.

But I really really wish Noomi Rapace had said yes to the American version, she is THE Lisbeth and I will try to not be prejudiced against Mara. Also, I'm VERY interested in one particular scene & how it will play out in the American version, if included at all. Would not surprise me if the American version omits the scene or waters it down considerably.

I really like the Swedish movies and am looking forward to the American version for comparison & I like Daniel Craig.

But I really really wish Noomi Rapace had said yes to the American version, she is THE Lisbeth and I will try to not be prejudiced against Mara. Also, I'm VERY interested in one particular scene & how it will play out in the American version, if included at all. Would not surprise me if the American version omits the scene or waters it down considerably.

Ditto!

I didn't realize that NR turned down the American version. I saw the original version and thought she was AMAZING!

I'll probably see the American version.