The Gift (Card) That Keeps on Giving

Ljlj

O.G.
Sep 28, 2011
It all started with a $150 Nordstrom gift card I received during the holidays. Been holding on to it. Yesterday, I decided to go to Nordstrom to get something small from Chanel. That's when the chain reaction started, haha.

Who's here to see a friday night reveal?:smile:

So this is where my $150 gift card got me. I can't help but shake my head in disbelief, lol. I was trying to be smart about it. Total fail haha. Here's the final damage:

My goodness, the things we do for the love of Chanel. It took me almost 1.5 hours to get there,,,19 miles away.
I asked the nice SA if I can please see some cardholders. I have a lambskin one but wanted something sturdier. There was only one, a black camelia. I didn't want another black Chanel though. She said oh wait here's another one. It was inside the black pouch so I didn't see it right away. When she showed it to me, I knew right away I wanted it.
Here she is:

with my 226

There I was, so proud of myself for being a smart shopper, hahaha. Curiosity killed the cat. Red with gold hardware is my ultimate Chanel HG. I looked at the tag. Hmmm 15A. I was late to the game. I just lucked out because it's from last year. Oh how I wished there's a flap bag in this exact color and hardware.

The Nordstrom SA said they have a 227. I
was hesitant because I thought it might be a bit big for my needs.

This morning, I called Saks Beverly Hills and as fate would have it, they had a 225 and a 226!

I braved LA traffic this afternoon just to get to my bag! :P

While waiting for the SA to wrap the bag, I sort of "accidentally wandered" into the shoe section and voila, my first pair of Chanel shoes:

Last edited:
Time to go home. Traffic (again!).I only had coffee and toast for breakfast and haven't had lunch. My endorphins and dopamine were on high gear and I wasn't feeling hungry at all. Well, 1.5 hours later and finally home, I was tired and hungry. Thankfully, this little cute thing was waiting for me.

Last edited:
I didn't have the energy to take a lot of pics. The 226 and the pink cardholder were very nicely wrapped though. :smile:

I did sign-up for a Saks card so I got 10% off my purchases today. I also got to avail of the last day of triple points so I will get a gift card (or I can redeem my points if I'm not mistaken).

My journey started with a gift card and will end with another gift card. Whew! What a ride! :smile:

Have a great weekend everyone and I hope you enjoyed my reveal. :hugs:

Are we done with the $150 card? It's unbelievable how much one can buy with a relatively modest gift card.:lolots: I had a similar situation with Missoni non long ago. I enjoyed the story and all the gorgeous Chanel pieces, congrats!!!