The Gabrielle purse... let me know what you think.

May 21, 2015
I received this on Friday but still debating if I should keep this. I think it is a cute bag but I am a bit concern with the bottom part. Initially, I thought I the entire bottom is black. But I only found out that the black part is like an outer shell where only the top portion is sewed to the bag and the rest held together with two chains at each side.

Attachments

• IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 1,207
  • IMG_0066.JPG
    IMG_0066.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 1,259
  • IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 1,313
I received this on Friday but still debating if I should keep this. I think it is a cute bag but I am a bit concern with the bottom part. Initially, I thought I the entire bottom is black. But I only found out that the black part is like an outer shell where only the top portion is sewed to the bag and the rest held together with two chains at each side.
Hi Lady Butterfly!! :heart: You look great and the bag is cute.....but tbh the bottom is a little weird looking, imo. I have personally tried very hard to love the Gabrielle and have tried on the small, medium and large hobo. There are sooo many things I really like about the bag; the cool and casual vibe (which is so me), the multi colored chains (I really love the chains), but the bottom is what turns me off. I can't deal with it. It just seems/feels a little too stiff and structured and prone to scratches/scuffing. Maybe it's just me and it's just my opinion. Good luck deciding. We deserve to love our bags. :hugs:

Let me start by saying I absolutely love this bag, I love the style, the look, the chains against the white and black. But I also thought that shell bit looked a little unstable when I saw it in person, like it's not "solid" enough for me. It doesn't look bad per se but I can imagine dust getting into those bits etc. It just seems a little awkward. So if you're not sure about that part I would exchange it for something you're sure about, it's too much money to have it bothering you

LOVE this bag wasn't even on my radar! now you're making me want it:sad: and it looks great on you:smile:
I actually love how the bottom part is made and the cute little chains attaching the two leather bottom pieces... i also really really love the multi color chains the black and white color of the bag as well as that cc closure pull thingy i loved it in last season's bucket chevron bags and i think it look gorgeous on this one my only concern is that the chain is really long on you even cross body is there any other way this can be worn or a way of you to shorten the chain?
I say keep it but only if you really love it:smile:

Last edited:
Not a fan of the Gabrielle series... It just looks and seems like less quality but 'oh it's Chanel' and I'll put a huge campaign for it so that it creates hype for people to buy... I get that it's a casual vibe, but I still don't like it (and I'm a casual person!). I would buy something that you love instead!

Reactions: Sparkletastic
I tried to like this new line, but it is not happening for me... the confusing hardware combos...the odd outer shell...the overly busy but ordinary designs... I prefer clean and minimal when it comes to bucket bags. Mansur Gavriel is still my go to! However, it's just my personal preference :P If you like it and would use it, enjoy it!

Reactions: Sparkletastic
I love the idea of a more trendy and casual Chanel bag and would have run to buy the right design.

But, since you asked for honesty I'll share my opinion. I'm not fan of any of the Gabrielle line. I think the bags look cheaply constructed which doesn't fit Chanel's brand or price point. This design aspect that you're concerned about is yet another example of that to me. Not completing the bottom makes it look unfinished and like a knock off. I also don't like the wrinkling of the leather at the sides and gathers. It looks "worn" though it's new. I think the pleating / gathering of the leather should have a cleaner look while still being causal to be truly luxurious.

Hi Lady Butterfly!! :heart: You look great and the bag is cute.....but tbh the bottom is a little weird looking, imo. I have personally tried very hard to love the Gabrielle and have tried on the small, medium and large hobo. There are sooo many things I really like about the bag; the cool and casual vibe (which is so me), the multi colored chains (I really love the chains), but the bottom is what turns me off. I can't deal with it. It just seems/feels a little too stiff and structured and prone to scratches/scuffing. Maybe it's just me and it's just my opinion. Good luck deciding. We deserve to love our bags. :hugs:

Sorry not a fan of this bag. If you love it keep it. If you have doubts, get something you love instead.

The bottom looks weird. Did Chanel scrimp on labour and decided to just attach the bottom in such a haphazrd way? Maybe I might want to get a coco handle/boy/ mini instead? Sorry not a fan of this design..

Let me start by saying I absolutely love this bag, I love the style, the look, the chains against the white and black. But I also thought that shell bit looked a little unstable when I saw it in person, like it's not "solid" enough for me. It doesn't look bad per se but I can imagine dust getting into those bits etc. It just seems a little awkward. So if you're not sure about that part I would exchange it for something you're sure about, it's too much money to have it bothering you

LOVE this bag wasn't even on my radar! now you're making me want it:sad: and it looks great on you:smile:
I actually love how the bottom part is made and the cute little chains attaching the two leather bottom pieces... i also really really love the multi color chains the black and white color of the bag as well as that cc closure pull thingy i loved it in last season's bucket chevron bags and i think it look gorgeous on this one my only concern is that the chain is really long on you even cross body is there any other way this can be worn or a way of you to shorten the chain?
I say keep it but only if you really love it:smile:

Not a fan of the Gabrielle series... It just looks and seems like less quality but 'oh it's Chanel' and I'll put a huge campaign for it so that it creates hype for people to buy... I get that it's a casual vibe, but I still don't like it (and I'm a casual person!). I would buy something that you love instead!

I tried to like this new line, but it is not happening for me... the confusing hardware combos...the odd outer shell...the overly busy but ordinary designs... I prefer clean and minimal when it comes to bucket bags. Mansur Gavriel is still my go to! However, it's just my personal preference :P If you like it and would use it, enjoy it!

I love the idea of a more trendy and casual Chanel bag and would have run to buy the right design.

But, since you asked for honesty I'll share my opinion. I'm not fan of any of the Gabrielle line. I think the bags look cheaply constructed which doesn't fit Chanel's brand or price point. This design aspect that you're concerned about is yet another example of that to me. Not completing the bottom makes it look unfinished and like a knock off. I also don't like the wrinkling of the leather at the sides and gathers. It looks "worn" though it's new. I think the pleating / gathering of the leather should have a cleaner look while still being causal to be truly luxurious.

I personally am not a fan of this bag....... Much prefer the Gabrielle hobos, those are gorgeous!

Thanks everyone for your honest opinion. The bag is going back. I couldn't get pass how the bag is constructed. I didn't get to see this in person before the purchase is made. I didn't think of asking for more pictures, I guess I wasn't expecting such design/construction from Chanel. This reminds me to request for additional pictures in the future.

I like the bag but I think you might find the plain black medium Gabrille with the cross body chains a better fit for you. This bag is dressy and seems you would have to be so careful with the white leather....