The future of Ebene

Ebene is NOT being discontinued.

As I said before, the Leather Department of the Flagship store in Paris was very clear, stating that Ebene will NOT be available for the next year.
Do you think it is possible they could be wrong???

Also I've spoken too some 15 stores, out of which approx. 70% confirmed it's going to be discontinued (i.e. not available for POs next February) whereas 30% had no knowledge of it. Most boutiques who did know, where based in France.

Still, wishing you are right, I hope the source of your information is something close to God!!!!!

My friend bought this last week. It's OMG beautiful! :girlsigh:

Ebene in VL with GH.

I can't believe Ebene will be discontinued. The ash brown is amazing, every picture i took had a different result. Etoupe one minute, chocolate the next. :heart::heart::heart:

that's gorgeous!

as for whether Ebene will be discontinued, we'll see soon enough . . . .

As I said before, the Leather Department of the Flagship store in Paris was very clear, stating that Ebene will NOT be available for the next year.
Do you think it is possible they could be wrong???

Also I've spoken too some 15 stores, out of which approx. 70% confirmed it's going to be discontinued (i.e. not available for POs next February) whereas 30% had no knowledge of it. Most boutiques who did know, where based in France.

Still, wishing you are right, I hope the source of your information is something close to God!!!!!

I think we're operating on two different definitions of 'discontinued' here. When I hear discontinued, that means 'will no longer be produced EVER'.

Just because a color isn't offered as part of a collection doesn't mean that it's being discontinued in the sense that Hermes will not be making it anymore. If anyone at H said that the color itself was forever gone then yes, I would say that they are wrong.

Take rouge vif, for example. It was not offered as part of any collection for a few seasons before 'making a comeback'. But I don't consider it as having been discontinued.

So for those of you pining for ebene, if you aren't able to grab a bag in that color now, just be patient. It'll come back eventually.

I think we're operating on two different definitions of 'discontinued' here. When I hear discontinued, that means 'will no longer be produced EVER'.

Just because a color isn't offered as part of a collection doesn't mean that it's being discontinued in the sense that Hermes will not be making it anymore. If anyone at H said that the color itself was forever gone then yes, I would say that they are wrong.

Take rouge vif, for example. It was not offered as part of any collection for a few seasons before 'making a comeback'. But I don't consider it as having been discontinued.

So for those of you pining for ebene, if you aren't able to grab a bag in that color now, just be patient. It'll come back eventually.

gina, I think this is superb explanation.

Originally Posted by Grands Fonds
Well, with Lilach, it's as close to God as Hermes gets! LOL!

^^ :yes::flowers:

yep.....what gb said

Like many others, I would be soo sad if they discontinued this divine colour - I was hoping to get a clemence 35 cm birkin in this shade from Paris in 2008. Hopefully, the fact that they aren't going to run with it for next year won't mean that its not available a couple of years down the line. I don't mind a leetle wait for my Hermes!

I must say that it is hard to get a fully accurate answer from Paris!

Gina-b, I’m glad we’re getting the definitions sorted out.
I can’t think how this confusion could have happened though, since all my posts on this thread quite clearly refer to Ebene’s availability for the next season (AW 2008).

Also, nobody at H said that the color was gone forever, only that it won’t be available for the next year (also posted on this thread).

I’d like to quote seton, who summoned up the situation on page one of this thread:

I'm sure if it's discontinued, it wont be gone for long and its absence will makes our hearts grow fonder . . . . which is EXACTLY what H wants

Let’s hope it’ll come back soon!

Many thanks to all the wonderful ladies who took the trouble answering to this thread!:flowers:

Out of curiosity, have there been colors that were made unavailable for a period of time and then returned?

yes very recently rouge vif it was gone completely and now is available in fjord and believe it or not even gold and bleu jean have not been offered at podium some years back (the blue jean dry period was when thalassa was introduced)
there are a lot more and h never ever dicontinues colors completely when there are no problems with it or the leather it was produced exclusively in beeing discontinued:flowers:
edit: it is also often the way that in spring summer podiums the wintery darkish neutral colors are not as widely available as smmery colors and vice verca in the winter podiums summer colors are rarely offered. the whole process is also influenced by what colors h wants to promote and the overall vibe of ther rtw collections

Thanks Lilach! That's shocking that colors that I've always thought would be staples in the Hermes color arsenal like gold and BJ would not have been made available. Good to know! I really hope Bleu Saphir comes back soon.