The French vs. Italian Thread

JadeVetti

Halo Caliber
O.G.
Feb 26, 2008
A few days ago, I had an interesting discussion with some friends about the connotations that come with the words French and Italian in regards to opulence and etc., and overall preference.

Out of curiousity and for sheer fun, does the same happen for Tpfers?

When I think "French", I think Louis Vuitton, Hennessy, Hermes, Christian Louboutin.

When I think "Italian", I think Gucci, Prada, Ferrari, Maserati. Tuscany.

I prefer Italian over French: travel, the food, the clothes, shoes and bags, and oh yes, the men :smile:.

So my question is: Which do you prefer? French, or Italian?

I have negative images for both of these words...so I'm not sure if I should post that or not... but just for the hey of it, I will:

France: arrogant

Italian: flirty men with greasy hair

But when it comes to food: italian :smile:

I can't choose in terms of food and "stuff," because I like both equally... but I LOVE Italian people/culture. I find French people to be very stylish and chic, but more reserved, not as exuberant and friendly. Obviously this is a generalization and doesn't apply to everyone, so I hope no one is offended!

^ Ouch!

buuuuurrrrrn :lol:
I'm trying not to take personal offense - I know you are generalizing...

hehe, please don't :smile: I have nothing against any of the people from either of those countries...but you know how it can be sometimes! Just like some say the germans are mean and the americans are stupid :P Just generalizations!

I love both, just like I think every culture and country has something to offer.

There are positive and negatives for everyone, everything, and every place. I chose to see the positive :yes:

I love the French language and culture and consider myself somewhat of a Francophile. When I think of France, images of the beautiful landscape pop into my head. One day I hope to visit the Cote D'Azur.

I am part Italian, and although I do not not know much about Italy, it looks like a beautiful country. The first thing that pops into my head when I think "Italian" is the food of course! But I think that Italian culture is very rich as well.

Although I am well aware of the stereotype that the French are snobby, I can assure you that this could not be farther from the truth! The vast majority of French people I have met in my lifetime (which is more than a few) have been nothing but kind and polite.