The French vs. Italian Thread

Being a small part Italian, I've never liked anything Italian except food. I prefer French fashion (clothes,bags, and shoes), travel, and the men. My two favorite boyfriends were French (Does French Candian count? hehe) Italian men don't appear sexy to me, because I know a lot of Italian men.

Yes ladies, I speak of the good, not the bad and the ugly.

We can go on and on about the bad and the ugly for all nationalities. This is just a versus thread.

I notice I don't find the most common of nationalities around me so much sexy...perhaps I'm an exotic men discriminator.

I live in a town where Italian Americans make up a good majority, but it's the Italian men born in Italy that I find...sexy.

I've been to both and can appreciate something from each. When I first saw the title of this thread I thought the question was going to be about bread...:lol:
I prefer Italian bread but French is a close second

I love both! I want to travel to both! lol
I study French and love it for many different reasons. Love the food.
I havent studied Italian, but would like to eventually. Also love the food, culture, way of life, scenery, etc.

I dont think anyone can make truthful opinions based on people unless you have met everyone. That would be like those countries saying all Americans are criminals and trailer trash based on the people they know about, what they read and I'm sure some ridiculous tourists. I'm sure there are very nice people in all countries and we shouldn't make generalizations.

I love Italian fashion! I always think of Versace :smile: something very sexy and shows off the body. I love French fashion too, but just to admire on others. I can't choose a favourite among the two foods, love em both.

hehe, please don't :smile: I have nothing against any of the people from either of those countries...but you know how it can be sometimes! Just like some say the germans are mean and the americans are stupid :P Just generalizations!
Ouch, that hurt me. I'm Italian, my family is from the Alps, and I assure you none of them have greasy hair! They are the most cultured, beautiful people you could ever hope to meet.

Interesting...I suppose I prefer Italy. Overall, Italy offers some of the better varieties. I prefer Italian food, for example...but, I'm in love with French culture! French film is probably my favourite as well. Can't say much when it comes to designer names and such, however. I'm certain both offer wonderful quality, but sadly I don't have any experience with these names! Hopefully I can build up enough funds one day to become acquainted.

I appreciate elements from both.

I prefer French music.

I think I prefer the aesthetic of French clothing more, but Italian is more wearable (I wear predominantly Italian fashion).

I get into a lot of trouble with Italian men ... but I don't think the French are any different!

I love both French and Italian food. French for haute cuisine, and Italian for simple everyday.

I like the Italian openness, and the French refinement.

I prefer French decor and "pop" art.

I have to say France just feels so much more civilized than Italy (I am currently in Paris, but was all over Italy in July).

france/french ! definately it is just more me .

that does not mean i am totaly against anything italian they have a very intrigueing history style etc and one of my best friends is italian.i am just too francophil