The Following on Fox

kateincali

O.G.
Sep 27, 2008
Did anyone else watch the premiere on Monday? I wasn't amazed, but I thought it was interesting enough to give it a few episodes. I think James Purefoy is amazing but I'm a little less sold on Kevin Bacon.

www.fox.com/programming/shows/?sh=the-following
THE FBI estimates there are currently up to 300 active serial killers in the United States. What would happen if these killers had a way of communicating and connecting with each other? What if they were able to work together and form alliances? What if one brilliant and charismatic, yet psychotic mastermind was able to bring them all together and activate a cult of believers following his every command?

Welcome to THE FOLLOWING, the psychological thriller from creator/executive producer Kevin Williamson ("The Vampire Diaries," "Dawson's Creek," the "Scream" franchise) and starring Golden Globe winner and Emmy Award nominee Kevin Bacon in his primetime series debut.

When notorious serial killer JOE CARROLL (James Purefoy) escapes from death row, the FBI calls former agent RYAN HARDY (Bacon) to consult on the case. Having since withdrawn from the public eye, Hardy was responsible for Carroll's capture in 2003, after Carroll murdered 14 female students on the Virginia college campus where he taught literature.

I watched it today. So bummed that poor Sarah girl died! It's an interesting concept for a show I think so I will definitely keep tuning in for now. I fear I may watch half of each episode with my fingers over my eyes though because I am such a scaredy cat. :biggrin:

Gah, I forgot to record the premiere. I have a little crush on James Purefoy, so I definitely want to give it a try.

They are airing the premiere again Friday night at 9.

I loved it, but I'm a huge fan of Kevin Bacon, so I usually love everything he is in. It seems like it will be interesting. I just hope they give it a chance and it doesn't get cancelled after a few weeks. Hopefully, we will get to see all 14 episodes.