The following are NOT words.

I agree. This drives me nuts. And of course you can't correct people, they take offense.

It astounds me the number of people on facebook that cannot correctly use there, they're and their or your and you're. I would say that the majority of posts I read do not use them properly. How can so many people lack basic spelling and grammar skills? I cringe every time I see it.

where I'm from people say was when they should be saying were.

I was reading a nice sweet inspirational Facebook status earlier this evening and then it was ruined by this poor grammar mistake.

I was - yes
We were - yes

We was - NO!!!

I'm not sure if these were mentioned but I always laugh at:

Where you is?
Where you be?
I refuse to believe "Where you at?" is proper.

Australian slang... Come on... arvo = afternoon, 'brolly = umbrella, cutting all words short and adding 'o' at the end of it.. like ummm David/Dave = Davo

For arvo and 'brolly they say it every single night on the news, radio, etc.. So annoying!

Then it was the three T's (there, their and they're), definitely and also weather, whether and wether....

There are so many!!

There is such a word as "mines" but it refers to a subterranean passage for the purpose of extracting ores, coal, precious stones, etc. or when referring to explosives, but not in reference to someone possessing something.

Last edited: