Travel The Floriday Keys?

candice19

Oct 21, 2007
We're going on vacation in 2.5 weeks to the Miami area, but we plan on driving down the Keys. Anyone have any suggestions as to where to eat or take some fabulous photos (photos, not snapshots lol)?

Thanks!!

I would suggest that if you are going to the Keys, you want to make it past Key Largo, etc. Go down to Key West. The aquarium down there is really neat. Also, the Hemmingway house with its 6-toed cats is a nice place to visit. The Bahia Honda state park (which is a few Keys up from Key West) is really neat if you are a naturalist. Big Pine Key is where the Key Deer live, if you want to try and see them. Hope this helps!

I would suggest that if you are going to the Keys, you want to make it past Key Largo, etc. Go down to Key West. The aquarium down there is really neat. Also, the Hemmingway house with its 6-toed cats is a nice place to visit. The Bahia Honda state park (which is a few Keys up from Key West) is really neat if you are a naturalist. Big Pine Key is where the Key Deer live, if you want to try and see them. Hope this helps!
We were definitely planning on going to Key West. We were thinking about the Hemmingway house, but I haven't really heard much of the other things you suggested only because I'm reading off TripAdvisor lol. But I'll definitely look into those!!

Any suggestions on places to eat? (Especially if there is conch? haha)

Here is a website with some more info on Bahia Honda: http://www.bahiahondapark.com/

In terms of conch, it's pretty available at restaurants, but I can't recommend any because I don't eat it. I think there are food stands where they will sell it fried, too. Oh, one thing that was good was the Blonde Giraffe Key Lime Pie place. Yum. Otherwise, there are just the old standbys like Margaritavilla. Key West is very touristy with its restaurants. I'd probably go with whatever Trip Advisor tells you.

We're going on vacation in 2.5 weeks to the Miami area, but we plan on driving down the Keys. Anyone have any suggestions as to where to eat or take some fabulous photos (photos, not snapshots lol)?

Thanks!!
The drive to Key West from Key Largo is breathtaking. In Key Largo there is John Pennekamp's park my favorite hotel there is Azul. In Key West there is a lot more upscare restaurants and wine bars opening up and if you have time definitely check out Little Palm Island about 15 miles from Key West. Have a great time

Oh! On your way down to KW, you should stop on Islamorada, and if you can time your trip to have lunch at Lorelei's, you should do so. I wish I could remember the mile marker, but that's how we remember where to go when we make it down there. Lorelei's is a great tiki bar restaurant that has fabulous fish or chicken sandwiches, and they usually have live music and it's festive and need I say, casual? Also, I don't know if Manny and Isa's is still around since the hurricane, but it is at MM88, and they have the best Cuban food and Key lime pie. When you make it to KW, if you stay overnight, stay at the Key Lime Inn. Great B&B, and about a 20 slow walk to Mallory Square. Virtually any place to drink and eat on the square is absolutely great!!

I don't have anything to add as I haven't been there since the 1970's, LOL! But, they do remind me of Jimmy Buffet and all things free and unfettered. Have a wonderful time!

Me and my SO stayed in Miami and we ended up going to the Keys almost every day! There is so much to do and explore down there. You should definitely rent a boat maybe around Ligumvitae. We did that and we got to snorkel wherever we wanted, and a pod of dolphins came to see us! Here is a picture of the baby!!

Attachments

• 862904177_l.jpg
    862904177_l.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 38
There's an adorable bed and breakfast in Key West which is like a surprise jewel...and has a secluded pool and gigantic rooms and it's very quaint and perfect. I'll ask my DH what it was called. I highly recommend it. The drive down the keys is awesome too!

There's an adorable bed and breakfast in Key West which is like a surprise jewel...and has a secluded pool and gigantic rooms and it's very quaint and perfect. I'll ask my DH what it was called. I highly recommend it. The drive down the keys is awesome too!
I wonder if it is the Key Lime Inn? Sounds just like it, and we loved it!!!