The first year of my H journey...

blusilv

All Things H...
Jan 8, 2010
I've always enjoyed reading about others' H journeys, so thought I would share mine with everyone, hope you will enjoy this thread. :flowers:

I started buying my first H item a little more than a year ago, and it has been one mad slippery slope downhill all the way. At times fun, at times aggravating, but always exciting!

This is overdue as I promised the people over at the Young and in Love with H thread that I would be posting after my Paris trip, but I've been so busy and now that I just came back from Tokyo, I thought why not do a reveal cum recap thread at the same time? Afterall, better late then never right? ;)

So this is the obligatory H tower of goodies I've amassed over the past couple of months, I was quite surprised when I was arranging my tower for the photoshoot, I thought it would have been a lot shorter! :nuts:

attachment.php

Attachments

• P1000088.JPG
    P1000088.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 2,463
So before we get to stripping those boxes (and I promise there will be no teasing involved), lets go back to when it all started. Back when my money tree was a very healthy and strong tree with a lot more leaves than now, for sure.

I love accessories, so it was kind of natural in a way that my very first H purchase was a clic clac.

attachment.php

I never thought I would progress to anything else, I always thought I would be content with just the accessories. Yeah right.

So anyways I enjoyed my clic clac so much that within 2 weeks I had bought another one.

attachment.php

Attachments

• P1000171.JPG
    P1000171.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 2,419
  • P1000172.JPG
    P1000172.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 2,423
I enjoy both of them so much, and thought well these colors basically cover every end of the spectrum since I have the most basic colors that can match with almost anything, and different hardware to go with whatever mood I am in. So I thought, OK I'm done!

Before long though, the itch to purchase was on me again, and I thought hmm since black is one of my favorite colors, and you can never go wrong with black, why not get another clic clac?

attachment.php

Ok I realise this looks alarmingly similar to the black clic clac with phw, but I assure you this is just a matter of bad photography and bad lighting! This is a black clic clac with ghw, which is really rather different! Well anyways I thought it would fill a gap in my wardrobe, lol. The things I say to convince myself that an otherwise unnecessary purchase is absolutely essential because there was a gap in my wardrobe it could fill! :graucho:

Attachments

• P1000173.JPG
    P1000173.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 2,375
So then I decided to move along to the belts. (As mentioned I am rather into accessories :P)

This was my very first H belt, and its the one H item I get the most use out of! Black box and rouge H togo, shiny palladium buckle.

attachment.php

And as always, why stop at one when you can get 2? :biggrin:

Camel box(?) and white epsom, shiny gold buckle.
attachment.php

Attachments

• P1000175.JPG
    P1000175.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 2,359
  • P1000177.JPG
    P1000177.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 2,372
By then I decided that I was done with the accessories (ah the ignorance of a newbie), and so set my sights on a bag, the one coveted bag that everyone seemed to be talking about. When I asked how much one was, I was flabbergasted. Who would spend so much one one bag?! And for that price, I could buy a few more chanel flaps! (I was still into Chanel at that time.)

So I told myself I would never spend that kind of money on a bag.. and started thinking about a birkin day in day out. I had absolutely no clue what sizes the birkin came in, so I googled it on the internet (that was before the days I knew about tpf) and I realised it came in a size 40, 35, 30 and 25.

I didnt quite know how these bags would look like IRL, so I took out my trusty balenciaga part-time and measured the bottom. Hey! It's about 40cm, so the 40 cm will be perfect for me. I decided to put myself out of my misery and try to get a 40 B since I was thinking about it all the time.

I told myself, just this one bag, which I will use for the rest of my life, and I will not buy any more H bags! Black will be a color that will wear well, and I wont have to worry or baby it. Actually come to think about it, if I can use it for the rest of my life, the cost per wear will be so low that I am practically getting the bag for free! :nuts:

My very first H bag!
attachment.php

I was just in love with the color and hardware and leather!

I was in a big bag phase at that point in time, but just for some background info, I'm quite petite, about 5'3 and slightly less than 110 pounds, so you can imagine the colossal mistake I made.

A 40 cm birkin on me! I could practically fit into the birkin, good god. And the weight! I happily took it shopping one day and almost died. Think I got a hairline fracture in my arm, lol. But I didn't know better then and I was so in love! With the leather, how soft and smooshy and wonderful smelling it was! Was told it was togo but then it seemed more clemence to me now in hindsight.

Attachments

• CIMG1585.JPG
    CIMG1585.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 2,319
Well, one thing I certainly learnt from H is that I have no willpower against Orange. Barely a month after I told myself I wont ever buy any more birkins, I succumbed. This time around though, I know that I wanted a smaller size as I just couldn't cope with a 40, lol.

Yes, I got another black birkin, this time a black togo 35 with ghw.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• P1000154.JPG
    P1000154.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 2,301
  • P1000155.JPG
    P1000155.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 2,287