The Return of the Baguette

I have 3 from last baguette re-issue years ago, the parchment ones with whip stitch, soft, beautiful suede inside, amazing distressed soft leather

Also two straps - cross-body and shoulder

Attachments

• 6FAB7F2A-0D15-4A49-BD57-6BEC7C3A523D.jpeg
    6FAB7F2A-0D15-4A49-BD57-6BEC7C3A523D.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 334
  • 00D3BFF2-6A74-43B7-80A6-1F718F0E0796.jpeg
    00D3BFF2-6A74-43B7-80A6-1F718F0E0796.jpeg
    65.9 KB · Views: 339
  • EBBFC3B2-DD87-4D00-BCBA-544296E3A475.jpeg
    EBBFC3B2-DD87-4D00-BCBA-544296E3A475.jpeg
    132.9 KB · Views: 342
Since we are not really allowed to be out and about I honestly have not had the opportunity to use it yet. I had planned on using it as a bag charm but it looks so cute as a cross body bag so I will also use it as one too.

QUOTE="Bumbles, post: 33739384, member: 223905"]Nice! You using this as a bag charm? Or a nano bag for errands?[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Bumbles and Kmora
Hi all!
Hope everyone is staying healthy and safe during this time.
I’m interested in getting a mini Baguette (https://www.fendi.com/ca/bags-woman_9/baguette-8bs017a72vf1aqa) but am wondering if anyone has it and can show me what fits in the bag? I’ve tried searching everywhere but only found one little video on YouTube that wasn’t super helpful.
Any thoughts or advice on the bag would be great too!
Thanks in advance :smile:

Hi everyone, I just got the California Skies baguette. I didn’t see it in store. I saw it online and loved the graduating colours so ordered and had a courier deliver it the same day. It’s an expensive bag and now I’m worrying that I should have done with something more “classic” from Fendi. I don’t own any other Fendi but have always loved the baguette, just was a little worried of the standard FF canvas logo being too much. Refunds are not allowed but exchanges are so im thinking what to do. It is gorgeous and unique, I have so many black bags, I wanted something colourful. It’s not often I see something online and think “I have got to have that”, but now I’m worrying I’ve made a mistake!! What do you guys think?!

41ACB311-7319-4368-85F1-0A9342379672.jpeg

8CE01DB2-C816-42B6-8733-D5DDD4DE06C0.jpeg

2DD6064F-E929-4EEA-B03E-A0BC6C7E399E.jpeg

Hi everyone, I just got the California Skies baguette. I didn’t see it in store. I saw it online and loved the graduating colours so ordered and had a courier deliver it the same day. It’s an expensive bag and now I’m worrying that I should have done with something more “classic” from Fendi. I don’t own any other Fendi but have always loved the baguette, just was a little worried of the standard FF canvas logo being too much. Refunds are not allowed but exchanges are so im thinking what to do. It is gorgeous and unique, I have so many black bags, I wanted something colourful. It’s not often I see something online and think “I have got to have that”, but now I’m worrying I’ve made a mistake!! What do you guys think?!

View attachment 4791352

View attachment 4791353

View attachment 4791354
That is GORGEOUS!! My thought when I drop $$$$ on a bag, is I want it to stand out and I also don't want to see it coming and going. Also I don't spend a lot of money on something that's trendy that will be out quickly. I think this bag hits all those boxes. It's beautiful. it's unique and it'll still be wearable and not dated in 5 or 10 years. But you have to love it. Especially if you spent a lot of money on it because you don't want it sitting in the closet and having you regret it every time you see it.

That is GORGEOUS!! My thought when I drop $$$$ on a bag, is I want it to stand out and I also don't want to see it coming and going. Also I don't spend a lot of money on something that's trendy that will be out quickly. I think this bag hits all those boxes. It's beautiful. it's unique and it'll still be wearable and not dated in 5 or 10 years. But you have to love it. Especially if you spent a lot of money on it because you don't want it sitting in the closet and having you regret it every time you see it.
This really helps, thank you! I think I’m freaking out because I’m worrying if it will be the kind of thing that would be seen in an outlet in a year (not that I even know any Fendi outlets!). When I buy an expensive bag (well any bag), I ponder on it for ages, try it, read reviews and then feel like I have been through the entire process. This time, I saw the Peekaboo version on an influencers Instagram on Wednesday, loved it so went to the Fendi site to see what else they had (I love the peekaboo but it’s something I’d like when I’m a bit older / I have a white prada that I would use for a similar purpose). I’ve always liked the baguette but thought the standard canvas was a bit too out there for me (though I like it), saw the graduated colour baguette and imagined using it with jeans / white / summer. I called Fendi and asked a few questions, they told me how limited the collection was and how popular the graduated colour pieces were. The SA then sent me some images and a video, I thought, I don’t want to miss it as some pieces on the collection are flying so bam, Thursday morning I purchased and within a couple of hours, had it couriered to me. Only after did the whole due-diligence process and worry start on “have a I done the right thing”. Now I’m worrying I should have done for the classic canvas because it’s the classic after all! But I guess the classic canvas is not doing anywhere (hopefully) and I can only day get that....
Before this crazy impulse purchase, I had been thinking about buying the saddle (but I would only get the saddle in black), but I just didn’t feel super super excited, I just felt it’s something I should have as a collection piece. Also, I guess the saddle isn’t going anywhere for a while / is super popular and so this is a unique piece. Sorry, thinking out loud have been scanning the entire fendi site all day to see if I should exchange and if I’ve made a crazy impulse purchase on something!!

View attachment 4791352

View attachment 4791353

View attachment 4791354
This is definitely a keeper in my books. I'm also someone that likes to buy, collect and use very unique looking classic bags from a brand, I have 4 Fendi bags right now and 3 of them are none conventional edition of Fendi classic /1 in pink sequin, navy gradient croc and pink shearling. I think the California sky gradient is so pretty and elegant. I'm sure once you use it a few times you will know if it's a keeper or not :smile:

View attachment 4791352

View attachment 4791353

View attachment 4791354
It’s a gorgeous bag. I bought the same in large size and in purple last year. But I don’t use it. The leather is so precious and delicate. I wanted an every day bag and it’s not. So it is on eBay.....