the feedback system is a piece of s*it!!!

glammm

Jun 27, 2008
Ok so I listed an item on the 22nd, a power seller uses the BIN...dosent pay within 48hrs as required on my page, fine I let it go since ebay requires she has 7 days to pay...I wait and wait...email her 2x, send her an invoice 2x, NO REPLY for 6 days...all while she is STILL BUYING more stuff [checked her bidding history], she is still selling items too. But, ignoring ME. So I file a NPB alert yesterday and *poof* she pays, BUT I relisted the item yesterday as soon as I filed the dispute and the other buyer pays right away. I refund the original buyer telling her she had 8 days to pay, never paid, ignored my emails, ignored my invoices, kept buying, claimed she was away...BS! your away, but your still buying 4-5x a day?!?! RIGHT.
so now she leaves me a negative saying I dont deliver items---totally unwarrented!!! and bc of ebays new rules as a seller I cant leave her feedback...how do I appeal and get her feedback removed? I already closed the dispute and she got a strike and I got my fees back.

Help?
its complete ******** that if a dispute is closed and in favor of the seller, the buyer SHOULD LOSE ALL FEEDBACK PRIVELAGES!!!! I am tempted to BIN one of her items and then leave HER negative feedback.

difficult one. If she paid and you closed the dispute then although it is annoying she paid so late, she is still right in the eyes of ebay. I think the safe way to do it is to remove all obligation from the buyer before relisting. You might have to accept this one, I am not sure you can remove the feedback.

I contacted ebay and was told to file a dispute to contest the feedback.

she had 8 days to pay
ignored my invoices
kept on purchasing other items
kept on selling other items
ignored my email
ONLY paid when she got the dispute, probably to avoid getting a strike [eventually she got it anyways since I closed the dispute]

difficult one. If she paid and you closed the dispute then although it is annoying she paid so late, she is still right in the eyes of ebay. I think the safe way to do it is to remove all obligation from the buyer before relisting. You might have to accept this one, I am not sure you can remove the feedback.

I closed the dispute AND then she paid [8 days after she originally won]

how is she right?

I closed the dispute AND then she paid [8 days after she originally won]

how is she right?
Well after 8 days you can open a non paying bidder dispute but the buyer can pay at any time after for a few days and the dispute is closed. As far as ebay is concerned at that point she has paid and they take no action. I had the same problem a few months ago and I wanted to relist but ebay told me the NPB could pay a t any time so I waited for them to close the dispute after a few days before I could relist. It sucks and is a waste of time but it stops the situation where two people pay and one negs you

It isn't that she is right (she isn't); it's just that eBay's policies allow her to get away with it.

I would bug the crap out of eBay with emails about it, but they are still likely to tell you you're SOL on the negative FB. I did that once and the FB was eventually removed, but it took forever and the whole time eBay was telling me "sorry, nothing we can do". I'm still not sure whether my (pleasant, but numerous *lol*) emails had anything to do with the removal, or if it was just a fluke.

Are you sure you closed the dispute, she got an unpaid strike and you got your fees back?
I ask because it takes 8 days from the day you file the dispute before you can close the dispute and qualify to get your fees back and so on.
You have to wait 7 days before you can even file the NPB....then you have to wait until the 8th day after that before you can close the NPB dispute and get your fees back. If she does not pay or respond to the dispute in any way, in those 8 days.... you close the dispute, get your FVF fees back and she does NOT get to leave negative or neutral feedback. As of April '08, Ebay will remove negative or neutral feedback left by a buyer who fails to respond to a NPB dispute/unpaid item.
Damn ebay is down at the moment so I can't access the page that you want to contact them to have her comment removed, but rest assured, it can and will be removed as soon as you request it.

Are you sure you closed the dispute, she got an unpaid strike and you got your fees back?
I ask because it takes 8 days from the day you file the dispute before you can close the dispute and qualify to get your fees back and so on.
You have to wait 7 days before you can even file the NPB....then you have to wait until the 8th day after that before you can close the NPB dispute and get your fees back. If she does not pay or respond to the dispute in any way, in those 8 days.... you close the dispute, get your FVF fees back and she does NOT get to leave negative or neutral feedback. As of April '08, Ebay will remove negative or neutral feedback left by a buyer who fails to respond to a NPB dispute/unpaid item.
Damn ebay is down at the moment so I can't access the page that you want to contact them to have her comment removed, but rest assured, it can and will be removed as soon as you request it.
I am abit confused about that too. How would the buyer get a strike so quickly and if fees were refunded the seller could relist and sell and feedback wouldnt count???

unfortunately feedback is only as good as the people who leave it. hopefully anybody who is worth doing business with is not going to have a kneejerk reaction to negative feedback and understand that it doesn't tell the whole story.

i have never experienced this but i agree with the above -- it sounds like you relisted the item too soon. live and learn.

I am abit confused about that too. How would the buyer get a strike so quickly and if fees were refunded the seller could relist and sell and feedback wouldnt count???

Yes, at least 15 days have to transpire between the day of purchase, filing the dispute and then closing it in order for you to get your fees back and for the buyer to not be eligible to leave neg/neutral feedback.
If you do the math here, only 7 days have come and gone, so you have only filed the dispute and are not eligible to close it for another 7 days.....at which point, if the item is still not paid, you can then get your FVF back.
I'm afraid that you jumped the gun here and will now have to *suck* up the neg. Sorry dear! :crybaby:

I filed the dispute on the 29th, item was purchased on the 22nd. thats 7 days, once she responded to the dispute by saying "she was away", I had the option of ending communication with her and closing the dispute and getting my final value fees back and she got a strike.

I am satisfied she got a strike though ha ha ha serves her right.

I filed the dispute on the 29th, item was purchased on the 22nd. thats 7 days, once she responded to the dispute by saying "she was away", I had the option of ending communication with her and closing the dispute and getting my final value fees back and she got a strike.

I am satisfied she got a strike though ha ha ha serves her right.

I think you can still *ask* ebay to remove the neg. You have to contact them though and they will evaluate on a case-by-case basis. That is my understanding. It's worth the try. Good Luck!

Ok so I listed an item on the 22nd, a power seller uses the BIN...dosent pay within 48hrs as required on my page, fine I let it go since ebay requires she has 7 days to pay...I wait and wait...email her 2x, send her an invoice 2x, NO REPLY for 6 days...all while she is STILL BUYING more stuff [checked her bidding history], she is still selling items too. But, ignoring ME. So I file a NPB alert yesterday and *poof* she pays, BUT I relisted the item yesterday as soon as I filed the dispute and the other buyer pays right away. I refund the original buyer telling her she had 8 days to pay, never paid, ignored my emails, ignored my invoices, kept buying, claimed she was away...BS! your away, but your still buying 4-5x a day?!?! RIGHT.
so now she leaves me a negative saying I dont deliver items---totally unwarrented!!! and bc of ebays new rules as a seller I cant leave her feedback...how do I appeal and get her feedback removed? I already closed the dispute and she got a strike and I got my fees back.

Help?
its complete ******** that if a dispute is closed and in favor of the seller, the buyer SHOULD LOSE ALL FEEDBACK PRIVELAGES!!!! I am tempted to BIN one of her items and then leave HER negative feedback.
Would you mind posting the name of your buyer I would like to block her. Also you might want to read I got my first neg thread